Discussion: Several Trump Associates Are Struggling To Pay Legal Bills For Russia Probe

Boo - frickin’ -hoo… your children may have to go to community college. What a tragedy. Welcome to the real world where the majority of America has to worry about whether they can even afford that.

Maybe Trump University is a wiser choice.

14 Likes

Sorry, folks. If you misbehave, you pay.

5 Likes

My husband, my son and I all started out in community colleges and transferred to 4 year colleges. It is not the end of the world. My son and I both worked when we went to college. We learned how to manage our time, do well in our classes, be responsible citizens, etc. and we live ethical lives. I have no sympathy for that man.

18 Likes

Not that attorney fees are exorbitant. But I suppose if you lie down with dogs, their doggie pals will exact their fees to address the infestation. No guarantees about the outcome, of course.

4 Likes

“Noting with irritation that the Trump campaign was footing the legal bill for Donald Trump, Jr., who met with a Kremlin-linked lawyer and others with ties to Russia at Trump Tower last year, Caputo told the AP he was using his children’s college funds to cover his own legal bills.”

Irritation you say? Well, I suspect Mr. Mueller has some people who would love to speak with you to make that irritation go away. Really get in there and scratch that itch, so to speak. And remember the oft repeated mantra of your hero…“When somebody does you wrong, hit them back as hard as you can” :wink:

17 Likes

At that 2nd undisclosed meeting Trump promised Putin that he re-elect would pay any of the Russian leader’s fake news legal fees if the state secrets given don’t work faster…

Well said, plucky. I am in 100% agreement. These soul less creatures have the nerve to cry after what they have done to our country? Flynn needs to be made an example of, firing squad would not be too harsh for him, and Caputo? Little slime can disappear in max security never to be heard of again.

7 Likes

In addition, if the proposed Trump budget were to pass, it includes the elimination of all subsidized student loans. This would allow Trump’s financial cronies to offer student loans at any interest rate with tougher pay-back criteria. There would be many more students going to community colleges - welcome to the club, Caputos!

7 Likes

I’m so tired of the “government shouldn’t provide assistance” bullshit of the Republicans.

Why don’t they get that the government is us. What’s wrong with we, as a community, deciding to come together to help others? It seems like they think the purpose of government isn’t to help others, but to take for themselves as much as they can.

7 Likes

Caputo,
There are gobs of scholarships out there for your kids to consider. Quit bellyaching.

2 Likes

I’m trying to understand the feeling this article gave me. I don’t find pleasure in a person’s misery, and I don’t like to feel smug when I foresee obvious conclusions where others may not. So let’s just say it was…interesting (with a smile).

3 Likes

“Lucky for them,” Caputo said of those whose legal fees were covered by the campaign.

I sense the possibility, however slight, that a light bulb has flicked on in this guy’s brain about the true nature of Trump. I’d guess that by the end of Trump’s term the number of Trumpers with the same sudden insight will be quite large.

7 Likes

Flynn should do a GoFundMe in Russia. His legal bills will probably end up being paid for in Rubles anyway …

4 Likes

The lawyers always win.

I was just going to say, didn’t they get their wire transfer from Vlad?

1 Like

Lie down with dogs, etc. etc

1 Like

When their money runs out, Mueller will have 'em by the short hairs. Then it’s a process of bringing 'em in, one by one, and cutting plea deals, with each goomba ratting out his superior. I think we’ll see that Mueller is a much better deal-maker than Trump.

6 Likes

This is where Trump has a chance to come up big for his loyal supporters. He is one of the world’s most successful billionaires, after all. A few million in legal fees is just pocket change to such a fabulously rich man.

The reality is that this man demeans everyone that associates with him.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree, and would have added those thoughts to my posting, but thought it would make it too long. So, thank you for doing so. Here in Montgomery County Md., where we live, we have a terrific community college system, which we locals call, “Harvard on the Pike”!

3 Likes

Aww…that’s soooo sad. That’s a gosh-darn shame. Should’ve gotten out when the water started boiling assholes, or when the flames started to spread. Pity.

Maybe tRump can bring back the firetruck. You can all run the siren, if tRump lets you, and if it’ll make you feel any better.

4 Likes