Discussion: 'Senior Trump Official' On Shutdown: 'We Do Not Want Most Employees To Return'

Treasonous motherf&*#+”$

8 Likes

I’m counting on it. Literally. I have never minded paying taxes (within reason) until now. I hate writing a check to a Department run by a scumbag like Mnuchin, to pay for this government, which isn’t even operating.

8 Likes

Old but still funny…

11 Likes

Certainly a possibility. And doing it to get back in Moron’s “good graces.”

1 Like

The Daily Caller said the author’s “career would be jeopardized” if their name were to be made public.

Coward and a hypocrite. What a shock.

5 Likes

Perfect fit for this Admin…

Just what I was going to say.

Maybe that’s when rMoney will chime in because there’s a huge IRS processing center in UT

3 Likes

make it unanimous…

2 Likes

I’m skeptical that this really represents the Administration’s view. It’s too stupid and obnoxious even for this group of clowns. I can certainly see Trump saying something internally to this effect, as a way to convince himself that the shutdown is beneficial, but I can’t see any senior person there taking this seriously.

13 Likes

Sounds more like throwing another drum of caustic substance into the septic tank to see what happens. If the long game for Putie is to mess up everything, this is right in line. And very suspect.

5 Likes

This is not shrinking the government, this is destroying the government as a way of destroying the country. Putin must be very pleased!

22 Likes

Dollars to donuts this was Wilbur Ross (or perhaps, Kudlow).

The more this situation drags on, the more it also bring up in my mind the idea of when there’s no government, what’s the alternative? As I’ve said before, I don’t necessarily blame the feral trumpers but I 100% blame those who didn’t vote. Now that the gov’t. is, for all intents and purposes gone, what are people supposed to turn to instead? What’s the alternative to gov’t.? One of the reason conservatives hate gov’t. is that they think that “other entities” can take their place. Where are they? Where are the churches (yeah, looking at Joel Osteen now) stepping up to the plate to assist? How many families can assist other family members who are at the end of their rope?

If gov’t. is the problem, where/what is the solution?

18 Likes

There simply is no bottom to how low they will sink. That being said, this is clearly just a soundbite to rally their base, and bears no resemblance to the truth.

8 Likes

This anonymous author can talk the talk, but I’d like to see him walk the walk and get out of the government altogether.

10 Likes

Lest we forget, they aren’t in governing mode anymore, they just want their base to remain intact somehow.
The Republican federal employees who are out of work now probably think THEY are the ones who will be welcomed back.

4 Likes

Nope, don’t blame this on cats. Sure, they’re selfish, destructive, killing machines who will bite the hand that pets them wrong and then poop in your shoe, but they’re nowhere near the kind of insensitive asshole that this guy is.

(Please note I currently have four of the furry beasties.)

24 Likes

Trump admin to furloughed workers: “You’re worthless, so we’d really rather you just quit”. Bold strategy for winning the PR war.

16 Likes

What if our elected officials namely those on the right are actually libertarians, want no government in our lives, and this shutdown is better than anything they could have planned

13 Likes

With all due respect, you have not been watching closely. Sure, this was not the original reason for the shutdown but there are no few that see the benefit and opportunity to further the supply-side dream…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available