Discussion: Senate Rebukes Trump Over Saudi War In Yemen

On Saudi questions, Congress should ask itself, “WWJD”? (“What Would Jared Do”?)

5 Likes

“Trump has been unusually supportive of both the Saudis and the UAE, even for an American president”

Of course. He has to have somewhere to flee when the shit eventually hits the fan.

4 Likes

I can look it up but it would helpful to list the Republicans who voted for the resolution.

7 Likes

Take THAT Mitch McConnell.

2 Likes

In other good news,

Advertisers ditch Carlson and Pirro’s Fox News shows

16 Likes
 But its passage through the Senate means he won’t be able to
     ignore the issue

He hasn’t done that … has he ? ? …

something something … shithole countries … comes to mind —

5 Likes

That’s fantastic!

1 Like

Going forward, that is great. The Parkland Kids had that idea (pulling the ad plug) when lots of older folks never thought of it.

1 Like

We supply the bombs and air planes and fuel tankers and other support for Saudi’s dropping bombs on children uncontested. Yemen isn’t so much a war as it is an organized murder of civilians. In a just world America would say enough and stop supporting the House of Saud. Maybe this is a step in the right direction, but don’t forget Jared isn’t the only American making a buck from the Saudis. They got lots of American big wigs on the take.

6 Likes

And one big comb-over.

#AnchorTheEdifice

2 Likes

Yes, please!

Yes. And then probably do the opposite.

1 Like

Bernie deserves props for this one. This is an actual accomplishment.

4 Likes

Trump to flaccid Senate pretenders…“I got your rebuke right here…”

But, it’s a small and equally flaccid rebuttal.

1 Like

Will Jared have to pay back his entire retainer or just part of it?

1 Like

Spammer flagged

2 Likes

I’ve flagged ‘her’ in the other threads.

But not a veto-proof majority. Humanitarianism and congressional prerogatives only go so far.

2 Likes