Discussion: Senate Intel Chair Indicates Comey Will Be Able To Discuss Chats With Trump

Note to Donnie

The whole world is watching

8 Likes

Won’t it be amusing if Trump has access to Twitter while watching Comey.

16 Likes

If I trusted Comey, I would be eagerly waiting for his testimony. As it is, I’m just hopeful.

4 Likes

If I trusted Barr, I’d wonder if he’s finally acknowledging, like an adult, that the GOP has fallen off a cliff and the only thing that might help them survive is to go limp and let the inevitable happen. But I don’t trust him, or any of the others.

12 Likes

Oh I predict he will crank up Wednesday night early Thursday morning with a preemptive barrage of tweets to attempt a diversion.

7 Likes

I believe he will tweet shortly before Comey testifies, something like “Today Democrats hope that Comey, who they hated before he told lies for them, will attack Trump”
“Trump won’t be a victim of Comey’s fake news. If he has the tape, let him play it!”

6 Likes

Of course Mueller doesn’t care what Comey says about these conversations with PeePee - that’s the obstruction and abuse of power piece to this. Mueller and his team are too busy investigating the entire racket, following the money and ferreting out the players in the Big Crimes.

Thursday will be fascinating not just for what Comey says but in hearing the D’s questions and the R’s irrelevant “no, look over here!” questions.

6 Likes

This is going to be a pretty ugly affair, with Republican Senators who once tried to display a veneer of responsibility, now doing a hatchet job on former Director Comey. I’m sure Comey will be more than up to the task, but that doesn’t make the continuing decline of our democracy any less sad.

14 Likes

I HoPe trump livE twEets comeys treaSonous testimonY that wiLL only refLect pooRly on ComEy.

8 Likes

I keep on picturing the R Senators staging a walkout, or Ds doing a walkout after Rs declare closed session for BS reasons.

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet that he will accuse Comey of taping him. It’s his standard MO.

1 Like

Something feels wrong. Repubs in the Senate aren’t pre-framing Comey’s testimony, the WH isn’t invoking executive privilege. The Right seems to be saying, “Please proceed, Mr. Comey.” Is he walking into a trap?

(Not concern trolling, here. But I am concerned.)

7 Likes

At least Comey hasn’t demanded immunity in exchange for his testimony. Despite Comey’s pratfalls, I’d still trust him over Trump any day.

4 Likes

CoMey diD TaPp on trumP. OhBUmmer made Him do iT buT he would’ve dOne it anywaY if OhBUmmer didnT make him do Trump TaPp.

3 Likes

We Are LibTarD

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article154301829.html

7 Likes

Indeed
But But Emails!
BENGHAZI!

They already got shut down and handed a plate of STFU by Sally Yates in her hearing

4 Likes

I trust Comey even if he has made mistakes in the past in his impossible job. I’m not sure I trust Burr…he’s too much of a political animal.

3 Likes

The only thing I personally feel confident in doing is making general observations. In no particular order, Senators are less inclined to say vilely absurd things; they prefer to be equivocal and say they’re “concerned” and “troubled” and want to get to the bottom of things all the while slow-walking and setting up barriers to that. The White House would put Comey on a rocket and fire him at the sun if they could, but they can’t. Nothing in the tool kit would work, so they’re stymied. The Right has its collective fingers crossed, hoping the base holds. If it doesn’t, it’ll be every wingnut for him- or herself and devil take the hindmost. Until and unless that happens, we’re teetering on the brink as a society and world. Have a nice day.

10 Likes

This is what concerns me:

Several Democrats on the U.S. House Financial Services Committee sent a letter last month to John Cryan, Chief Executive Officer of Deutsche Bank, seeking details that might show if Trump’s loans for his real estate business were backed by the Russian government.
The Democrats cannot compel Deutsche Bank to hand over the information. The House committee has the power to subpoena the documents, but Republican committee members – who make up the majority of the panel – would have to cooperate.

No Republicans have signed the document request.

The Democrats are sort of like sitting in the toddler seat with a fake steering wheel while Republicans are actually driving this investigation.

3 Likes