Discussion: Senate GOP Seeks To Revive Dead Repeal Effort With Last-Ditch Meeting

Its still dead IMO this is just to do a song and dance for drump.

That’s why we can never spike the football while dealing with the don’t care gop

3 Likes

DEAD” truly being the appropriate word here about this entire exercise. The only good thing about this as that while the Repugs and our whack-job “president” are preoccupied with this furtive health care disaster bill, they probably won’t be able to do too much other damage.

1 Like

That’s what I thought about the House bill.

Trump remains insanely popular with the base and has put tremendous pressure on them. The Trump base is eating up what he did today.

4 Likes

Hey Texas, Pick two new Rectums to send to the Senate, the two you have
in there now are leaking !!

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA…‘Better Care Reconciliation Act’…who the HELL do they think they are fooling??? Deplorable pigs, the lot of them!

1 Like

This will mostly consist of Mitch going “Please, please, please, please, PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!”

5 Likes

Agreed. Eerily reminiscent.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the House leadership, except for Director of Koolaid Ryan, basically told them, hey, the Senate will redo it anyway (albeit assuming there they would get something “good.”

Now we’ve got governors and others involved who are putting different pressure on. I’m not for spiking the ball, but I think they’re still going through the motions. Except maybe McTurtle, for whom this loss of face is really personal.

5 Likes

The rich white male Republican Senators continue to search for an answer to Trump’s frantic search for a legislative win. If it costs 20 million people their health care coverage so be it. If it decimates Medicaid so be it. McConnell, Cornyn, Barrasso , Cruz, Alexander,Lee, Toomey, Blunt, Hatch et al trying to be the best boot lickers they can be in service to Trump,the Apprentice.

from your keyboard to God’s ears.

You may be right. The meeting tonight can simply be to see if there is any hope at all and to show Trump they at least met.

Rationally, I don’t know how any senator from a Medicaid Expansion state could vote yes, but look what the House did?

2 Likes

Yeah, but gerrymandering played a big role in providing safe havens. Senators and governors are forced to look at a bigger more diverse electorate and that makes them vulnerable in a way most reps aren’t.

4 Likes

Bet they get to 50.

They’re just going to keep scheduling votes and keeping the senate in session until the moderates fall asleep. And then someone will sneak up behind them and say “Aye.”

2 Likes

When he finds out McConnell is climbing into his lap maybe we’ll finally be rid of El Bufón.1
Edit: I’m going over to Breitbart to start the rumor.
They’ll believe anything.

1-Remember, Mitch is married to Elaine Chao…

2 Likes

Back up the car and drive over the corpse again. Repeat as necessary.

1 Like

Axios says Paul, Murkowski, & Collins will not on the invite list. The confab may be pointless.

2 Likes