Discussion: Sen. Inhofe Wants Meeting With Fellow Oklahoman Pruitt Over EPA Issues

1 Like

11 Likes

Inhofe also told Ingraham that Andrew Wheeler, the former coal lobbyist and current deputy EPA administrator, “might be a good swap”

Oh hell yes! When I think EPA Director, I think coal lobbyist!

21 Likes

Pruitt is incompetent, a liar, and a criminal. Inhofe is just an idiot – the suggestion that a good replacement for Pruitt might be a former coal lobbyist is positively idiotic.

10 Likes

Knives are out. I hope you enjoyed the graft while it lasted, Mr. Pruitt.

7 Likes

I can hear Inhofe now…

“Heckuva job, Scotty!”

8 Likes

Pruitt deserves jail for the corrupt way he’s been running the EPA…if it was a Democratic administration the Republicans would have impeached him three months into his tenure for pulling this stuff. The only reason there is movement now is that Pruitt has been so brazen that it’s become politically uncomfortable for the midterms…if he had been more quiet about it they wouldn’t be saying anything, just like they are giving the other cabinet secretaries a pass in spite of similar behavior.

Wheeler might be worse, which is hard to believe.

7 Likes

I remember former Senator Barbara Boxer D-CA gaveling him down when she chaired the committee when he was off on one of his batshit crazy rants about there being no science in climate change.

@caltg

15 Likes

Senator “what does a yellow “X” mean on a runway” Inhofe? Lands plane anyway. “Hey fellas, are you working on this runway?”

5 Likes

Deputy Administrator Wheeler has spent his career tirelessly fighting to insure coal is served in ALL school lunch programs for America’s woefully carbon-deficient children.

#EatMoreCoal

23 Likes

Yup, more dangerous.

From all accounts, Wheeler doesn’t appear to be a paranoid, self-aggrandizing morale destroyer with a highly developed taste for taxpayer-funded first-class travel. He has more friends than enemies in Washington and seems unlikely to shoot himself in the foot or otherwise self-destruct. In the end, that might actually make Wheeler even more dangerous than Pruitt—not less.

7 Likes

Sen. Snowball wants to impart some pro tips.

5 Likes

Think of all the Christmas stockings hung by the chimney with care.

6 Likes

Ernst and Grassley are going all mavericky on Pruitt’s suitability. He’s too gaseous for them but he wasn’t when they voted to confirm. One R voted “no”, Collins of ME.

Inhofe is not the only senator to question the EPA administrator’s spending and management practices, though two other prominent GOP critics — Sens. Charles E. Grassley and Joni Ernst, both of Iowa — have largely focused on his approach to ethanol policy. On Wednesday, Grassley remarked at a Senate Agriculture Committee hearing, “Pruitt is ill-serving the president.”

3 Likes

As someone said already upthread - the knives are out for Pruitt. They may like his EPA policies but the rest of the bullshit has gotten a little too deep I think even for them.

9 Likes

“I’m keeping my powder dry until I talk to him, which would be Monday at the very latest,” the senator told the Post.

Powder? What powder?? Has your snowball done gone dry Inhofe?

You and Pruitt are birds of a feather it’s just that you’ve mastered flying under the radar.

3 Likes

Indeed! Nothing like a hot brick of coal chased down by a tall tub of Brawndo…

6 Likes

Pruitt cut into Inhofe’s grift.

6 Likes

Yeah - he exposed it a little too much too.

7 Likes

“Swap” implies reciprocity. If they actually sent Pruitt to the coal mines, that might at least be viscerally satisfying to my baser instincts.

Double bonus points if it’s a Blankenship coal mine. Bye bye…

5 Likes