Discussion: Sen. Bernie Sanders Announces Presidential Bid

Just fuck off, is he running as a independent this time?

10 Likes

Let’s hope he doesn’t split the vote like that. (Don’t get me wrong, I want him to go away, too.)

is he running as a independent this time?"

Of course not. The Dems, acting true to form, will allow him to become a temporary Democrat so he can be a spoiler in the primaries.

2 Likes

“…it was unclear whether he will be able to expand his appeal beyond his largely white base of supporters.”

I think it is clear.

17 Likes

How tedious

11 Likes

A lot of people who voted for him before now know.more about him and are no longer willing to vote for him. There are better choices who poll better against Trump.

16 Likes

Where is your tax returns Bernie???

10 Likes

I really wonder if he’ll be much of a spoiler in the primaries this time.

Last time, there were basically only 2 candidates (after Martin O’Malley dropped out). This time it’s a crowded field of riches, and I think Bernie will have a tougher go of it.

He annoyed me last time (starting around the time when that little bird landed on his podium), but I’m not really worried about him this time.

10 Likes

Bernie/Metamucil 2020!

Can’t wait for Jane to use Republican talking points against his Democratic opponents in the primaries.

8 Likes

That saboteur will properly be vetted this time, unlike the last time. He has been given free press and ZERO vetting since 2015. That changes TODAY

There will be NO coronation for that ratfucker in 2020, BernieOrBusters. We haven’t forgotten or forgiven
AnyoneButBernie2020
Trump2020

5 Likes

As one candidate in a field of many, rather than one of just a few, he won’t pull as much support or as many votes. He can’t just be the “not-Hillary” alternative this time. The people who fell in love with Bernie have a lot more to choose from, candidates with reality-based solutions to the issues he likes to talk about.

14 Likes

As I recall,we started out with about 10 candidates in 2004 and it quickly got whittled down to 3-4. Bernie’s strength was caucuses. Amy Klobuchar knows a little about caucuses too.

2 Likes

Bernie will not get the same spotlight as 2016. His message is being repeated but in a less harsh manner by Elizabeth Warren and with such a large field of candidates, he should fade away sooner… Mercifully

7 Likes

What? No Hillary Hate this time? “That Goddamned Corrupt DNC!” not working anymore? More than one candidate running against you? Diverse selection of young Democratic candidates?

What does someone have to do to catch a break around here?!

11 Likes

Yep. We’ll find out if 2016 was more about his message than him. Lotta things he used to run against HRC are off the table now too.

2 Likes

It seems that “Bernie or Bust!” didn’t screw us up enough the first time around. I think Fran Lebowitz has this guy sized up perfectly.

7 Likes

His fifteen minutes was so two years ago.

5 Likes

The party better charge him rent this time.

8 Likes

I’m still not seeing (D) after his name.

4 Likes