Discussion: Secret Service Took Steps To Protect MSNBC's Katy Tur At Trump Rally

Trump should just put the press in a chain-link cage, and let the people at his rallies throw their empty beer bottles at them.

(NB. Not really, of course. I just mean, if Trump is going to vilify the media for the crowd’s entertainment, and to deflect criticism of himself, why not go all the way.)

7 Likes

Drumpf is a fascist pig.

And props to Tur. She has shown courage.

51 Likes

In an essay for Marie Claire, Tur wrote that the crowd turned on her “like a large animal, angry and unchained.”

That’s not a crowd. It’s a mob.

48 Likes

According to a top Trump Spox, “That’s planned for after he wins the election.”

7 Likes

And yet, MSNBC continues to slaver over, and broadcast almost evrything the lying rascal says. This is not a game. The man pretty much incited violence against an employee. Where’s the backbone?

Edit. At a December rally? Why is this coming out now?

30 Likes

Katy may need therapy for PTSD after this election, she certainly will be scarred. The idea that one is targeted and hated by a large group of people for doing nothing wrong has got to really do a number on a person. The frustration I would have in the same situation would have potentially dangerous consequences, I would never be able to do her job in the milieu she now finds herself.

13 Likes

You would have thought that MSNBC would have come out with a statement condemn this psycho behavior but instead they sacrifice this reporter for access.

22 Likes

Where’s the backbone?

It’s in the same place where John McCain’s spine is cowering.

15 Likes

She certainly is going to need some decompression time. She has been covering the Trump campaign for a VERY long time. You can’t stay down that long without decompressing and re-entering the real world.

15 Likes

Katy, if you’re reading this, I’m single.

30 Likes

First time in history the Secret Service has had to be used to protect the public from the candidate.

67 Likes

I recently read somewhere that Herr Drumpf sucks so much that a guy had to use suction cups to remove himself from one of his towers.

9 Likes

Please Daddy, hit me again, it feels so good, and we both know I deserve it!!

15 Likes

The agents drew straws. The losers had to stay with Trump.

16 Likes

I’ve heard she’s turned off by monocles. Best keep it in your pocket along with the rest of your heavy weaponry, Eustace.

8 Likes

We already know the networks are doing this for profits at the expense of America. Trump could shoot a person on Fifth Avenue and not lose votes. MSNBC would let that person be Katy Tur and make a lot more money.

9 Likes

I had already decided America was full of idiots during the Reagan years but for Katy and many others they will feel the effect of the shattering of concepts of America we are taught growing up. I know for me it was very hard to deal with as various realities came home to roost; that Dr are not all Welby and some are just greedy and will lie for a price. That Judges are not honest and forthright carefully weighing each decision and instead bought and sold for dimes. That teachers sometimes are just plane full of shit and even some are perverts. That the Republican party believes their statements about rule of law and patriotism. All of that just by the age of five.

4 Likes

MSNBC bosses see $$$$$ signs when they give Trump access. He is nasty, he lies, he taunts…all good tv. Fox does not exclusively own these kinds of viewers who lap this stuff up. MSNBC and CNN know where the dollars are and they will cover Trump even if he pisses on them. They too need the eyes of cranks.

4 Likes

If this is the same incident I saw, I was very frightened for her. I was genuinely terrified they were going to hurt her and that no one would be able to do anything to stop it until after they’d already begun beating her. That the brass at MSNBC did nothing to stand up to her is yet another example of their cowardice. Although I’m sure they asked her to apologize to Trump.

23 Likes