Discussion: ‘Scumbags’: Conservative Super-Lawyer Blasts Schiff, Media Over NRA-Russia Story

3 Likes

Panic is not a good look for Cleta Mitchell.

69 Likes

“a) I have not been involved with NRA since 2012 when my board term expired

So, when her board term expired she canceled her NRA membership? I see no other way of interpreting that declaration.
34 Likes

For a “super lawyer”, her grammar fucking sucks.

58 Likes

Her protestations sound very convincing. Bless her heart.

58 Likes

You better do this and you better do that - sure sure honey. You better quit threatening people - that’s unethical.

57 Likes

“Then you’re volunteering to appear before the House and/or Senate intelligence committees and testify to this under oath?”

Argument over.

44 Likes

Is Cleta the feminine of Cletus?

About to board. What happens over the next few hours?

42 Likes

It’s all on your shoulders now. hahahahahaha have a great flight and a good trip.

20 Likes

Apparently her Constitution starts at the 2nd amendment…

33 Likes

Yea right, cry me a river. Remember the saying, only the guilty scream for justice.

12 Likes

It begins and ends there.

3 Likes

She certainly is articulate and eloquent.

13 Likes

The lady doth…etc.

33 Likes

20 Likes

“a) I have not been involved with NRA since 2012 when my board term expired, b) there is ZERO chance that NRA was involved in any way with Russian money as NRA has always been 100% meticulous about what money is spent for what and c) I’ve never ever expressed any concerns because I’ve never had such concerns,” Mitchell wrote. “Never crossed my mind. Ever.”

I will give you a and c - but point b seems a pretty foolish thing to assert, when also asserting point a. I thought lawyers were supposed to be thoughtful about choosing their words.

50 Likes

Nothing like a good McClatchy napalm strike…

17 Likes

Yep, and she has not been involved for 6 years but knows (KNOWS!) exactly how the NRA operates today since, you know, nothing much has changed in the past 6 years.

44 Likes

So if she has not been involved since 2012, how would she know about 2016 Russian money going to the NRA?

Keep digging into it investigators.

When they scream like this, it means you are getting closer.

75 Likes

I guess all “Super Lawyers” reply to uncomfortable stories this way? Maybe that’s how you can tell they’re Super.

But if you look just at the all-caps words and absolutes in her reply (ZERO chance, always 100%, Never Ever, all of you people, NOTHING to this Russian collusion story, etc.)…well, that does make you wonder even more.

I really don’t think the Super Lawyer’s email and threats have put the finality to the story that she desired.
(She might consider drinking less before replying to media inquiries, also too.)

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available