Discussion: SCOTUS Rejects Arguments Kavanaugh Made As An Appeals Court Judge

1 Like

“The emails described the company as having assets of $10 million when Lorenzo knew the real figure was $400,000.”

Hasn’t drump done this like 1000 times, lie about his assets for various reasons, we even have documented proof of it, and yet why hasn’t he been charged?

27 Likes

Makes one wonder if Trump knew about Kavanaugh’s previous arguments…

14 Likes

6 - 2. I’ve got 3, Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch. Which one abandoned the coven?

3 Likes

My bet is on Gorsuch

2 Likes

to have to dissented means he’d have to had written his dissent in defense of Lorenzo??? Doesnt surprise me that kav is a “buyer beware” wanker…like in his defense of holding woman on the ground while being groped by him and his drunk fat buddies…it was the womans fault…

10 Likes

Kav was just trying to nail down the point that when you just hold down the girl with your buds, as you drunkenly try to remove her clothes, you are just following orders, no harm, no foul…

4 Likes

But he likes beer! Really likes beer!

9 Likes

Thomas and Gorsuch https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/lorenzo-v-securities-exchange-commission/

7 Likes

6 = Breyer, Roberts, Ginsburg, Alito, Sotomayor, and Kagan

2 = Thomas and Gorsuch

10 Likes

Who is telling Thomas how to vote in the post-Scalia era?

7 Likes

This is not unusual. I recall reading a Supreme Court decision in law school in which the court reversed an earlier decision from the Third Circuit (New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware). Justice Brennan wrote a concurring opinion in which he noted that he had written the decision in the Third Circuit when he was on that court and, having long since concluded that he was wrong, was happy to join in overruling it.

14 Likes

Who is telling Thomas how to vote in the post-Scalia era?

His wife.

19 Likes

I was wrong. And, this is why I’m not a gambler.

3 Likes

The emails described the company as having assets of $10 million when Lorenzo knew the real figure was $400,000.

he did not violate Securities and Exchange Commission anti-fraud regulations because he merely sent the emails at the direction of his boss, who supplied the messages’ contents.

Kavanaugh had dissented from the appellate ruling.

Holy fuck, no wonder Trump nominated Kavanaugh to SCOTUS, considering Cohen was already under indictment and couldn’t be nominated himself.

7 Likes

Follow the money. Unearth all of Kavanagh’s assets and income, and those of all his relatives and friends. That includes the Cayman Islands and how he pays his kids’ tuition. He’s been annointed and that takes money.

4 Likes

When will the SCOTUS reject Kavanaugh?

1 Like

Awkward…

3 Likes

Kavanaugh, on the other hand, has not concluded that he was wrong, and did not join in the majority opinion. I believe this is because he believes so firmly in the “prosperous white men are the good guys and can do no wrong” doctrine of American jurisprudence.

9 Likes

I’d like to thank George Bush and Joe Biden for installing Thomas on the highest court in the land. He is an absolute disgrace to the court system. Gorsuch was illegally installed by the machinations of Mitch McConnell and his cronies. Yet another disgrace.

17 Likes