Discussion: Scott Brown Gets Burned For Telling GOP To Kill Shaheen's Energy Bill

Discussion for article #222809

The Keystone Pipeline “lessens our dependence on foreign oil”??

Canada (the source of ALL the oil that would go through the Keystone Pipeline) is not a foreign country?

11 Likes

One of my favorites. Right up there with “there were no terrorist attacks on U.S. soil under George Bush” - D. Perino. Or Jeb’s thoughtful statement at the GOP convention that his brother “kept us safe”.

Today’s GOP really is the recussitation of the No-Nothing Party, in this and so many other ways.[quote=“AdamWu, post:2, topic:3328, full:true”]
The Keystone Pipeline “lessens our dependence on foreign oil”??

Canada (the source of ALL the oil that would go through the Keystone Pipeline) is not a foreign country?
[/quote]

6 Likes

But mainly virtually all of the “oil” will go to Texas refineries in tax free zones to be refined into diesel fuel, heating oil and other petroleum products AND BE SHIPPED TO ASIA.

8 Likes

What?

What bipartisan project is he talking about? And “lessen our dependence on foreign oil”? Does he not know who will control the interests of this pipeline?

This sounds like some usual Browngobbledygoook that he cooked up to try to save face here. He wanted the bill to fail so he could run it against her. Pure and simple.

In short, Scott Brown of MA…errr…I mean… NH, was thinking of HIMSELF and not the citizens he hopes to represent.

4 Likes

That man is a simpleton.

5 Likes

Sen. Landreu (D-La) supports Keystone XL.

1 Like

There’s a lot of great people from Mass and even more decent people–but Scott Brown isn’t one of them. His move to NH makes it clear that Scott Brown didn’t care about the good people of the Bay State. And he certainly doesn’t care about the people up here. He is what we call a “Masshole.”

PS: How could the Bruins lose to the Canadiens? They’re foreigners! USA! USA!

3 Likes

Fail upon fail upon fail is the legacy of Scott Brown.

3 Likes

“appalling and irresponsible.”

That sums up the quarter-termer’s “brand.”

I thought Granite State Goopers hated Massholes.

4 Likes

I’d say Scott Brown has been talking to the Koch brothers about some campaign money, and this is his “thankyou”.

2 Likes

Given a choice between taking a position he believes would advance his Presidential ambitions or helping New Hampshire industries, Scott Brown put his own interests first.

1 Like

qhatever

1 Like

Yet another example of Country First™ by the GOP. I never realized that “Country” referred to the GOP. I always thought it was the US. Silly me.

1 Like

"His communications director Elizabeth Guyton, asked about his lobbying GOP senators against the bill, told Politico, “Scott Brown was concerned that Senator Shaheen was refusing to allow a vote on the Keystone pipeline, a commonsense and bipartisan project that would immediately create thousands of jobs and lessen our dependence on foreign oil.”

Great issue when you’re running for Senate in New Hampshire – the closest U.S. jobs created by Keystone are at least 1500 miles away in North Dakota.

3 Likes

In short, Scott Brown of MA…errr…I mean… NH, was thinking of HIMSELF and not the citizens he hopes to represent.

give mr. brown some credit, the only person in the entire country he was thinking of, was himself. he wasn’t just ignoring the citizens of NH, he went national, and chose to ignore all 325,000,000 of us.

1 Like

Brown is a sack of tainted meat. 'Nuther words, he’s Hot Pockets®.

How many elections will Scott Brown lose, running from state to state claiming residency?

oops!!

“CEO of the renewable energy manufacturer ARC Energy in Nashua, N.H. said he was “outraged” and claimed Brown was "motivated by self-interest.

Next, he claimed that water is wet…