Discussion: Schumer Groups Omar’s Comments With Trump’s Praise Of Neo-Nazi Protesters In AIPAC Speech

No, but on who might have been interested in the discussion.

Clearer now?

I’ve read her tweets and comments and they absolutely are anti-Semitic–especially the one saying that pro-Israel activists and lawmakers have an “allegiance to a foreign country.” Dual loyalties is a common anti-Semitic trope.
Anyone not understanding that has never read a history book.

3 Likes

What about historians who disagree with you? Have they also never read a history book?

It’s a good thing for Chuck Schumer that I live in Omar’s district instead of his. I tolerate him as a necessary evil, but I would gladly ditch the Senator From Wall Street for any other Dem.

2 Likes

I don’t think you understood me if you’re saying I said - or even just implied - that Schumers statement about Omar was “acceptable” - or that some of his actions vis a vis Israel are acceptable. I tried to make it clear that his statements were definitely not acceptable. Because some people don’t react the same way - even Holocaust survivors - doesn’t mean that his own reaction cannot be understood in the context of Nazi atrocities in WWII, as well as centuries of pogroms and genuine anti-semitism. Believe me, I’ve spoken out against many things he’s said and done over the years, but in trying to make sense of the I-P conflict, I’m trying to understand the understandable emotional reactions to real events on both sides.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

There is a difference between an intent to protect Israel and an intent to protect Israel at the expense of the United States.

1 Like

How well did that argument work in 2000? How well did that argument work for Black America?

The Sanders case aside, why do you think the others you list have not left the Democratic Party? Are they fools? Or sell-outs? Or hopeless optimists? Or … ?

I’d be thrilled if you were to offer an example of each!

Well, Pelosi has reacted to Omars antisemitic rants quickly and decisively. I’m sure the Speaker would like nothing more than for Omar to STFU

Yet another example of Chuck Schumer’s Latest Profile in Cowardice, and when Chuck won the last time - his cynical, cowardly slimy last-minute opposition to the Iran Treaty, Josh got it right at the time: Chuck abdicated the right to be Minority Leader. Chuck coulda been a contenda, instead of the bum he’s become. He showed so much promise as a Congressman and then croaking Al D’Amato for the Senate. But at every turn he sold his soul to the Likud devil.

Chuck Schumer up compared to Nancy Pelosi is like Kenny G. going up against John Coltrane. Nancy is my leader.

I have had to hold my nose to vote for him as I did in '16 but enough. Will somebody (and not a clownish Cynthia Nixon - but I repeat myself - type) please primary this one-time contenda and now a bum?

1 Like

Before even discussing plausibility of your hypotheticals: they all assume an agreement with your specific definition of what is and what is not detrimental to the USA interests. It also requires to assume that any support for Israel is detrimental to the USA interests. This may well be your position. But this is not a reasonable position.

Even if one were to agree with all of your hypotheticals, the actions based one’s personal benefits, career, greed may be deplorable but they are distinct and different from loyalty to Israel over the USA.

Would that historian be David Irving?

1 Like

Right, the only “historian” who could possibly reject your incoherence is David Irving.

At this point I don’t even have to invite you to keep digging, do I?

David Irving would be one of very few historians supporting your claim that accusation of dual loyalty is not an anti-Semitic trope.
But as expected, I’m impressed by a long list of historians not named David Irving that you provided.

1 Like

[1] When you can quote me making such a claim, wake me up.

[2] Meanwhile, if you think anyone is trying to “impress” you, you may want to think again.

Sleep well.

Here you go:

@sharonsj:

@cervantes in reply to @sharonsj:

Sorry, I did not realize that recurring memory loss is a medical condition for you.

2 Likes

Schumer is a waste, has been for years… does not even do all that much for NY. As a former NYer I believe that they keep reelecting him because the REPUGS just haven’t put anyone forward and even NYers want at least someone with a little sanity.

NOT JUST MILLENNIALS us old codgers (I’m 74) also can be counted as having enough of this type of shit.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available