Discussion: Schiff Punches Back At GOP Colleagues' Call For Resignation

1 Like

The longer it goes without the release of Mueller’s report, the longer the GOP narrative will hold the news cycle. We need to get even more grouchy about this.

75 Likes

Looks like Devin Nunes’ Cow, Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Microwaved Cantaloupe are going to have a great day!

45 Likes

When the Republicans send Representatives to the Intelligence Committee, they are not sending their best.

I love that Schiff didn’t give them time to respond. Keep that leash yanked tight on the yappy dogs.

85 Likes

I’m fine with calls for Schiff to step down as long as the GOP agrees that the crew of the Benghazi years-long fishing expedition will resign with him. And we know that ain’t happening.

33 Likes

Wait! What?!?

Devin Nunes has a Microwaved Cantaloupe?

13 Likes

Schiff laid it all there - and that was just the public stuff. Can you imagine what was done that the IC won’t disclose to protect sources??? That clip has to be played on a loop all week!

48 Likes

We’re lucky to have Adam Schiff on our side.

83 Likes

I think Schiff is in a comfort zone.

35 Likes

To be honest, he rotates his cantaloupes from time to time, and there are rumors he sometimes strays into Crenshaw Melon and Honeydew territory. There is no basis for his alleged fling with a Hubbard Squash, however.

22 Likes

I’m not sure at all that it’s the GOP narrative holding the news cycle. I think that’s yesterday’s papers. Today, there’s the food fight. Democrats clamor for report release! GOP smacks down Schiff! Schiff hits back!

Would prefer more somber analysis, but I have a hope that the more strident and obnoxious the GOP gets, the better it will be for us. Could be wrong about that, but we’ll see.

25 Likes

???

The GOP narrative has already lost the news cycle. We’re on to “Trump has 300 pages of report that he doesn’t want you to see”

Since Americans are basically scared of reading (remember how powerful was the booga-booga thousand pages of Obamacare talking point?), I think this will be a hard one for the GOP to shake.

63 Likes

Schiff and Pelosi are playing this masterfully. Pound them on the biased summary, false narrative and attempted coverup, then pound them some more on the nonsensical “repeal and replace” redux.

58 Likes

O god thank you. Some days I wonder if this board is in a parallel universe. You are talking about the world I woke up in - the one where the words “cover up” are everywhere.

37 Likes

I have had pangs of concern that the most strident silly voices may make some of our more sober commentators slowly drift away, unwilling to pick through all of the noise to find something worth reading. Of course this can become a self-reinforcing problem.

A lurking danger for all communities.

11 Likes

And on cruise control.

5 Likes

Damn right! That little bitch Nunes can suck it up.

5 Likes

And don’t forget the calls for locking Hillary up over her emails, when they held not quite as many hearings and yet couldn’t deliver.

9 Likes

I think anybody who hangs out on internet comment boards should be used to a bit of silliness. Comment boards aren’t the Yale Club.

16 Likes

always remember, i’s not the crime it’s the cover-up. Barr hiding the report is both cover up and obstruction of justice.

28 Likes