Discussion: Schiff: House Intelligence Committee 'Will Want to Question' Trump Jr

It is hopeful that we have a serious and smart public official at least on the back bench.

9 Likes

I hope that they do it in an open forum. Watching Duncie Jr doh-see-doh-ing around, contradicting himself with every second sentence, and/or continually interrupted by his lawyer advising him to plead the Fifth to avoid self-incrimination might even be worth stocking up on popcorn for.

IF, of course, Daddy doesn’t intervene to prevent Duncie Jr from testifying. Which could well happen.

9 Likes

I do love the genetic tough guy facial expressions. I cannot think of another face in public life these days that I more want to punch. And that’s saying A LOT. On second thought, it’s a tie with McConnell.

2 Likes

Ooh, public hearing…'cuz you know Trump Jr. will come off so warm and personable.

5 Likes

Just keep flying your freak flag in Trumpistan…

2 Likes

In contrast, I think Schiff has the perfect James Stewart American hero expression.
Been a long time since we had the genuine article in public life; someone who will step up to the big mob boss and speak his mind without flinching.

4 Likes

A particular thing I like about Schiff is he doesn’t look the part of the tough guy. He’s soft-spoken, there’s nothing aggressive about his posture or body English, he’s kind of nebbishy generally. But he’s supersmart and very tough and skilled. You wouldn’t rattle him with the usual nonsense. This will confuse the daylights out of the Trump crowd, who aren’t aware such a seeming conflict could exist in the universe.

7 Likes

He has the personality of a dead possum and all the appeal of a dentist’s drill sans Novocain.

2 Likes

Why, Donald will send his own genius personal lawyer Mark Kasowitz to defend Prince Ladyfingersson before the mean Adam Schiff!:

1 Like

Donnie Jr. is so blessed and privileged that his hair even secretes its own Vitalis.

1 Like

This lubrication could prove troublesome in prison…

Or very convenient, depending on the circumstances.

1 Like

Except wait for the veiled (and probably not so veiled) anti-Semitic remarks re Schiff, the higher his profile becomes. (I say this as a member of the tribe myself.)

2 Likes

Likewise, and I have no doubt. And not just remarks, he’ll get a lot of Pepe-flavored death threats. Seems par for the course these days simply for criticizing the great man. 99.9% sniveling cowards but it only takes one.

1 Like

OT, I made the big mistake of listening to Slate’s Supreme Court round-up last night, wherein Neil Gorsuch’s cretinism and arrogance (the two seem to be inseparable these days) was discussed ad nauseum. If this obscenity in the WH gets the chance to appoint another Justice, I’m not sure what I’ll be capable of doing … .

2 Likes