Discussion: Scarborough: Buttigieg Is The Future Of The Dem Party — But Maybe Not In 2020

He answers the questions he’s asked; and he listens when others speak. People appreciate that.

22 Likes

While some people like to see how Pete rips into Trump, I like his visions better. “Don’t let the right monopolize concepts” “Creat a new normal” “have bumper sticker messages” (not his words exactly, just my paraphrase) are all beneficial to the Dem party not only in 2020 but also in the long run. I also think he’s the best messenger to deliver his own messages (the same can’t be said about every candidate).

16 Likes

I think that people really underestimate how much trump’s twitter habit is hated by Dems AND republicans. Man on the street interview after interview even republicans say they wish he would stop. Personally I think Biden’s appeal is he’s sane and nobody worries they’ll wake up to a tweet getting us into a war. Dems needs to make his twitter habit a huge negative. The reality is trump is a fat little clown behind a big twitter persona. Pull back the curtain and show how ridiculous the tweeting is and he loses about 80% of his power.

11 Likes

Indeed

8 Likes

Was that audience really Fox viewers or just people with open minds?

Pete is mature, Donnie is immature. Pete can outline policy in understanding terms, Donnie cannot form a complete sentence or thought. Pete offers and earns respect, Donnie is disrespectful. Pete is thoughtful, listens and responds, Donnie is reckless, insolent, emotional and merely rants. Pete is the future, Donnie is the awful past.

13 Likes

I really like Mayor Pete

9 Likes

Don the Con cannot articulate a coherent thought either verbally or in writing, much less policy. He doesn’t hold a candle to Mayor Pete — or any other Democratic candidate.

2 Likes

It certainly wasn’t both…

what a shock. An ex-republican thinking that “the future of the Democratic Party” is someone from Trump country who can “mainstream the Democratic Party”

Is there anyway to stop this crap. The policies and ideas of the Democratic Party IS the mainstream. But instead of embracing those policies, Dems are constantly being told to “move to the center” – that they aren’t “mainstream” enough for the average American.

@ANNFFL

While some people like to see how Pete rips into Trump, I like his visions better. “Don’t let the right monopolize concepts” “Creat a new normal” “have bumper sticker messages” (not his words exactly, just my paraphrase) are all beneficial to the Dem party not only in 2020 but also in the long run. I also think he’s the best messenger to deliver his own messages (the same can’t be said about every candidate).

two years ago, Buttigieg was a candidate for DNC chair – and he stood out in that debate for the reasons you cited. I still think he’d make a great DNC chair for those reasons. He would probably make a good candidate for President. But we’re looking not just for a candidate, but a candidate who can be president. And I don’t think he’s there yet.

6 Likes

it was made up of Democratic primary voters. And from the crowd reaction, I doubt if any of them ever watch Fox.

2 Likes

from the couple who promoted and normalized Donald trump as a reasonable alternative to the despised Hillary butheremails Clinton… millions in free advertising given over with their daily call in chats and friendly, giggling banter…
afterall, what the country needed was a ‘disruptor’… and Donald was only too happy to play that part – to their everlasting forgetfulness…

2 Likes

This pandering on Fox is revolting. It only reminds me that South Bend is half the size of Boise, Idaho. Moreover, I see the motivation as failure to find AA support thus he reaches out to Fox audience. Not feeling that. He is FAR from future of Dem party. It does not connect that a man, who is clearly a nerd, raised by two professors in college town, who is mult-lingual does not know who Alfred Newman is…when his magazines were nerds leisure reading. Wassup with that? Not adding up.

4 Likes

I only disagreed with Mayor Pete once, when he said minority voters are skeptical and come out of nowhere. I’m gay and of color and have been voting For at least twenty years. However I’m born and raised in CA., So that could make a difference.

1 Like

I agree, but I think “safe” is a better word than “sane”. Trump creates uncertainty, and a sense that we are just a few tweets away from literal disaster. There is a sense of national insecurity

Biden symbolizes a big thick blanket you can grab and huddle under when you are scared. Which completely sucks, because this nation needs a great deal more than to be soothed, and Joe Biden is not the kind of person who will seize the moment and agressively push the country in a progressive direction.

1 Like

Keep your cold, dead hands off my healthcare.

1 Like

Sorry, Joe Scarborough, you enabling, sanctimonious hypocrite. AOC is the future of the party.

4 Likes

Why can’t they both be the future on the party?

5 Likes

Asking the question:

Should Biden be the Dem nominee, what about Pete as VP? Is Pete enough to help the campaign?