Discussion: Scalia Lashes Out: We Should Call The ACA 'SCOTUScare'

Discussion for article #237848

“We should start calling this law SCOTUScare.”

Spoken like the activist justice that he is.

28 Likes

And I don’t care a whit what you have to say on the subject…

1 Like

Scags, your head exploding, makes me smile!

9 Likes

I would like to see the ACA used to remove Scalia’s SCROTUM. :smirk:

1 Like

At this point all Scalia has left is sour grapes. The interpretation is not unheard of and Scalia knows it.

17 Likes

NExT wE’ll be CALLIng it SCOTUsKILLtraditionalMARriage if the LIbtards HAve theIR waY!1!1!!!one!1!!!

19 Likes

SCOTUScare…at least it would lend a little credibility to the JohnRoberts SupremeCorporation.

Have not read who the dissenters are but I’m bettin’ it’s Scalia, Clarence, and Alito.

1 Like

Scalia’s not a Supreme Court justice. He’s a blogger. He writes these things in his pajamas in his mother’s basement. Then he throws in some Latin and some legal citations for appearances and there you are.

34 Likes

Antonin Scalia tears. Yum, yum delicious. “Interpretive jiggery-pokery”? Really setting the stage for that gay marriage ruling.

15 Likes

Does he not have a single intellectually honest bone in his body?

8 Likes

Scalia need to grow up and learn to stop reacting to opposition like a 3 year old.

9 Likes

Go, Tony. I am all for that. Goldberg got ya, eh?

Says the hateful Scalia who has health insurance with nothing to worry about! I’m loving it! :smile:

9 Likes

A lucid comment from a reasonable justice totally unmoved by personal politics…

…is the kind of thing I’d like to see occasionally.

6 Likes
Justice Antonin Scalia accused the six-vote majority of engaging in "interpretive jiggery-pokery."

If Scalia wants to see “interpretive jiggery-pokery”, he should read his decision in DC v. Heller.

Scalia was joined in his dissent by Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas.

Now there’s a surprise.

22 Likes

Hey Tony.

I think you should get stay mad over this. Stay REALLY mad. Let the anger out and go eat several huge dinners of pasta and sausage to refuel that anger. Don’t let it go. Whatever you do, stay angry, Anger works best if you can get your face to turn red and your body starts to shake.

Keep up the good fight.

12 Likes

6-3? Before I read the results I’m going to go with…Scalia, Black Scalia, and Young Scalia as dissent.

26 Likes

…and I see I’m right.

I can understand Fat Tony’s annoyance. Imagine having three time as many votes as everyone else, and STILL losing. That would be annoying.

9 Likes

He went on to describe the majority’s logic as “Pure applesauce.”

I LOVE applesauce!!!

8 Likes