Discussion: Santorum: Cruz Eligibility Is Not 'Settled Law', For SCOTUS To Decide

Discussion for article #244664

They love the Supreme Court…until they don’t.

7 Likes

And, they hate SCOTUS less than Cruz, also too.

4 Likes

I hope schadenfreude isn’t toxic at high levels, because if it is I’m a goner.

12 Likes

“I am not a big Supreme Court lover” ~ Former Sen. Rick Santorum lol!

As a candidate for the GOP nomination wouldn’t Santorum have standing to file suit?

Does anyone give a shit about what this man says? If there ever was a perennial loser its Sanatorium ( that’s what the Soprano’s guy called him ) .

Calgary Cruz should welcome the opportunity to plead his case before five black robed Houdinis otherwise the cloud of Canadian suspicion hanging over his head will dog his career for the rest of his life. The Senator even has a painting of himself hanging in his office of him practicing his pitch.

1 Like

Yet, if Cruz got the Nomination and were to offer him the Veep slot, Rick would toss the law tomes in the Delaware River, grab the Old Testament and report for Duty.

1 Like

It’s telling how few Republicans are rallying to Cruz’s side on this matter, especially former and current Senators. You’d have to go back to Goldwater to find a Republican nominee with such tepid enthusiasm for him by fellow Republicans, and I think it’s the case that Goldwater was at least respected on a personal basis by his fellow GOPers, even if they disagreed with his views.

This particular side of the question is regarding Cruz’s mother and father too I guess and their legalities and documentation. If Cruz’s mom wasn’t what she/they claim then he is ineligible by default.

There is a question as to the marital/divorced status of both of his parents i.e., were they legally divorced before they wed and were they wed properly. If not, again Cruz is DQ’ed by default.

All it takes is original documentation in full legally accepted forms. That’s all, basically Cruz needs to show us his papers.

ETA: Cruz may just be what he appears to be, a bastard.

1 Like

Bloomberg asked all the senators and only found five.

“Bloomberg Politics sought the opinion of all 54 Republican
senators on whether Cruz is eligible to serve, querying offices and
presidential campaigns and evaluating previous media statements. Aside
from Cruz, only five senators—Marco Rubio of Florida, Lamar Alexander of
Tennessee, Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch of Utah, and Jeff Flake of
Arizona—offered responses that appeared to support Cruz.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-01-12/few-colleagues-defend-cruz-as-white-house-eligibility-is-questioned

1 Like

THAT is astonishing.

That many…

I resent that characterization.

In the popular culture of this country, the adjective “fiery” is often associated with people well respected…like John Paul Jones (“I have not yet begun to fight!”).

Cruz is one of the smarmiest, crassest, conniving American politicians in my lifetime. Moreover, I suspect that, unlike Jones, he would be overboard in a lifeboat at the first sign of a fight.

" fellow Republican presidential candidate" He’s still in it?

If so elected, VP Santorum would lead the charge and take his job.

Gee, I wonder why Rubio/Thirsty would have Cruz’s back?

Anything to get Ricky a seat on the big boy stage

Oh, I don’t know. I think maybe each state should decide for itself whether it’ll put Cruz on its ballot. You know, states rights and all.