Discussion: Sanders, Warren On Trump Treasury Secretary: ‘Hypocrisy At Its Worst’

Not the worst. That’s still to come. Just wait, Trump is all about raising the hypocrisy bar.

8 Likes

"During the campaign, Donald Trump told the American people that he was going to change Washington by taking on Wall Street. Donald Trump’s choice for Treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, is just another Wall Street insider. That is not the type of change that Donald Trump promised to bring to Washington – that is hypocrisy at its worst,”

Though i’m happy at what could be next, what was the ending to ‘the frog n the scorpion’?

9 Likes

He also said he wouldn’t touch Medicare and Social Security:

18 Likes

During the financial crisis, Mnuchin led the purchase of the failed California-based bank IndyMac, later renamed OneWest Bank, which was accused under his leadership of inappropriately aggressive foreclosure practices and racially discriminatory lending practices.

Frick! Are there any conservatives who aren’t bigots?!?*

*Answer: No.

20 Likes

25 Likes

GET Over It Libtards. HE’s pUTTIng a team OF populiSTs together THAT undersTAnd BLUE COllar workers JUST LIKE TRUMP Does!!11!!1one!!111

12 Likes

WHo BETTer to taKE on WALL streeT THAN THOse THAT know how WALL Street WORKS???

14 Likes

From ‘No Drama Obama’ to ‘Trump the Toxic Waste Dump.’

22 Likes

Not a single one.

13 Likes

Well, Conservatism is the inability to tolerate difference, so, no.

9 Likes

This was the problem I had with the screaming that Clinton was in Goldman Sach’s pockets because they paid her to give some speeches and attend some events: there’s a huge difference between Clinton being sympathetic to Wall Street and the GOP and Trump willing to turn the economy over to them.

23 Likes

Time to retire the word ‘hypocrisy’. It’s fraud.

11 Likes

Disturbing, but worth a read.

Understandably, there has been plenty of coverage of the racists and white supremacists empowered by Trump’s victory. But, gruesome as they are, they’re peripheral to the policies his team will develop. It’s almost comforting, though, to focus on them, for at least we know who they are and what they stand for. By contrast, to penetrate the corporate misinformation machine is to enter a world of mirrors. Spend too long trying to understand it, and the hyporeality vortex will inflict serious damage on your state of mind.

11 Likes

No, don’t see the difference. Both Clinton and Trump have and will continue to let Wall Street run the economy.

4 Likes

I disagree. My mother, who lives in Naples, is pretty sure all of the Latinos in Naples do all the crimes. Not all Latinos. Just all of them that live or work in and around Naples and Collier County. And Dade, Monroe and Broward.

2 Likes

30 Likes

Exactly. Just like the Gambino family is very advantageously positioned to head up the FBI task force on organized crime.

8 Likes

Firing Squad. Ahem, Laura Ingraham.

5 Likes

At least this underscores that his lying coefficient remains intact.

7 Likes