Discussion: Ryan Says 'Obviously' Trump Shouldn't Pardon Himself: 'No One Is Above The Law'

“I don’t know the technical answer to that question, but I think, obviously, the answer is he shouldn’t, and no one is above the law,” … “Now excuse me while I watch my favorite movie, Judge Dredd.”

5 Likes

Paul Ryan contains to misplace his balls, searches for the exits instead.

9 Likes

Earth to shithead Ryan:

If you have to say “Obviously,” it ain’t that frakkin’ obvious.

9 Likes

Shorter Ryan; I am fine if Trump pardons himself.

3 Likes

Empty threats are better than no threats, I guess, but we all know this threat is empty.

I sent a fruit fly to go pat Paul Ryan on the back for this most limbo-esque of bar-clearings. One foot only, Mr. Fly.

6 Likes

Ryan added: “while Trump shouldn’t pardon himself, if he did so I wouldn’t lift a finger or say a word in protest”.

2 Likes

Always the same. If Trump says he has the power to behead orphans Ryan is sure to say he “disagrees” with that, obviously and of course. But if Trump were actually beheading orphans and they asked for a comment he’d say look, I’m not going to comment on every action the executive branch takes, I’m going to stay focused on our agenda and moving this country forward.

28 Likes

The current presidential order of succession
— President
— Vice President
— Speaker of the House

Dog help us all.

3 Likes

Law prof on MSNBC said if Trump pardons persons who could testify against him it could be obstruction. I doubt Trump knows that. He thinks he’s got a free pass get out of jail e-ticket.

5 Likes

And yet this treasonous little coward won’t actually do his job and investigate the massive number of crimes being committed by this criminal administration, right in front of our eyes.

This is all you need to know about Republicans. And I mean every single one of them - they are dishonest, treasonous, hypocritical and not fit to call themselves Americans.

4 Likes

Cockholster thinks he’s a King lording over his monarchy, or, more accurately in this case, his moronarchy.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the template for Ryan’s criticisms of Trump.
I’m just the Speaker of the House, what can I do?

1 Like

Paul Ryan’s lack of conscience and ability to muster up even a shred of indignation at Trump’s actions speaks to the moral bankruptcy of both.

2 Likes

With this picture you can see in Lying Ryan’s eyes Jan. 3, 2019 can’t come soon enough.

Trump pardoning himself may only amplify calls for his impeachment.

Only from the Democrats. The GOP would say the pardon resolves all the issues about Russian interference, emoluments, money laundering, fraud and obstruction of justice so there are no grounds for impeachment.

4 Likes

Now there’s a comment worthy of Jonathan Swift.
All hosannas to ye.

Nice, Ryan, that you had a stiffening surge of gelatin into your spine so that you can come out against something as patently absurd as pardoning oneself.

Your ilk must first learn to slither before you can crawl.

I think Ryan misspoke. He meant “No Democrat is above the law”. Obviously Republicans are or they wouldn’t be trying to shut down the Mueller investigation.

2 Likes

But Donald Trump helped us when he signed the tax cut bill to set the wheels in motion for the shredding of the social safety net I’ve been dreaming about since college and I’m on my way out of Congress, so I won’t do anything to stop him.

1 Like