Discussion: Ryan: I've Received 'Assurances' That Trump Won't Fire Rosenstein, Mueller

My thoughts haven’t changed,” Ryan said. “I think they should be allowed to do their jobs. We have a rule of law in this country and that’s a principle we all uphold. I have no reason to believe that that is going to happen and I have assurances that it’s not.”

“Why?” the reporter asked.

“Because I’ve been talking to people in the White House about it,” Ryan said.

5 Likes

When Romney and Ryan were a ticket I thought there couldn’t be a pair of greater, unrelenting liars than this. Then what’s-his-name came along.

Still, I have to say, for smooth delivery of utter bullshit it’s hard to beat Ryan; even what’s-his-name couldn’t make fools of the beltway press like the flim-flam-man and maintain the sham year over year.

6 Likes

I’ll see your shit and raise you a rat’s ass!

1 Like

Not what I expected this morning. I expected all hell to be breaking loose, and it kind of is, but only for the GOP. Ryan is gone and Boehner is selling weed.

I am dying. hahahahahahahahahaha

8 Likes

Ya know, Paul, your decision to leave the House had me smiling and then you have to go and say something like this to remind me why I’m happy to see you go. Trouble is…what crazy fuck will the Republicans put in as Speaker if they keep control in November?

Vote them out.

3 Likes

Assurances from Trump: modern day “Just the tip”

1 Like

What a great guy, Paul Ryan totally fucks up the country and then retires from office. What a political whore.

5 Likes

Hey, they said the same thing about Neville Chamberlain and everything worked out in that situation too.

1 Like

“Assurances” from Trump mean nothing. He’ll change his mind tomorrow.

2 Likes

Remember, pivot 180 degrees.

Mueller’s toast.

He is already checked out, this shit is SEP. Somebody else’s Problem.

4 Likes

Hell yes he’s toast. He’s on the verge of revealing Trump’s high crimes and misdemeanors to relevant authorities. Trump knows he’s cooked, with his only option to be somehow shutting down Mueller and a Hail Mary attempt to quash everything he’s done to this moment. If this were a cheap crime movie about now Trump is throwing his spent gun at the police and running into the forest hoping to escape.

5 Likes

For me, hearing that the assurances are from people other than trump makes me feel better. If Kelly and a few others have promised they’ll “forget” to deliver the firing notice until trump has moved on to the next shiny thing we might be in not that bad a situation.

1 Like

It appears to me that Sanders’ public claims that they can fire Mueller, amount to threats against Mueller, which is prima facie obstruction of justice.

Nevermind Trump’s tweets on the matter, which can always be “walked back.” This is the face of Trump’s administration saying they’re planning on firing him. And if you think that merely “finding out if they can” is not “planning,” think again.

3 Likes

“My thoughts haven’t changed,” Ryan said. “I think they should be allowed to do their jobs. We have a rule of law in this country and that’s a principle we all uphold. I have no reason to believe that that is going to happen and I have assurances that it’s not.”

“Why?” the reporter asked.

“Because I’ve been talking to people in the White House about it,” Ryan said.

Vague bullshit. Ryan has no assurances from anyone who matters. And even if he does, what “assurances” from Trump and his lackeys are worth anything?

2 Likes

assurances from the Mafiosa President in Thief. lol

He has talked about doing this since at least last summer.

He hasn’t done it yet so there’s a reason.

2 Likes

Hastert shouldn’t be so shy. What’s he doing?

“And if I’m wrong, you can vote me out of office,” he added.

Isn’t he in jail?

1 Like