Discussion: Rupert Murdoch: Fox News Harassment Scandals ‘All Nonsense’

3 Likes

Lachlan and James clearly have not been in touch with the old man while he’s still in the honeymoon phase of new marriage.

15 Likes

Fox News Harassment Scandals Mutimillion Dollar Payouts ‘All Nonsense’ too, also as well.
We did it just for giggles

13 Likes

OT, but if you thought they were desperately straining the bounds of semantic game conspiracy theory tinfoilhatdom before…

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/14/republicans-turn-focus-to-fbis-mccabe-over-texts-on-insurance-against-trump.html

9 Likes

Sign me up. I’ll pay anything.

9 Likes

“That was largely political, because we’re conservative.”

Good to hear Murdoch finally confess that he – and everyone on his network – have been lying for decades.

By admitting their “Fair and Balanced” con was a total fraud.

And the original “fake news” scam.

Not that anyone but deplorable saps in the GOP base were duped.

Still, good to get him on record admitting that Fox is owned, managed, and staffed by serial liars.

Who run a partisan swindle.

That caters to suckers.

Now the only question is the extent of the Kremlin’s role in Fox operations…

29 Likes

I know that Rupert Murdoch has always been an asshole, and just about everyone who is now working for or has worked for FoxNews is an asshole, but I still have to say…what an asshole!

12 Likes

Well, coming from Mr. Fair and Balanced, I guess we’ll just have to accept this.

6 Likes

awww those lovebirds

2 Likes

I agree that this sort of scandal is nonsensical… but I think for different reasons than this guy…

1 Like

Rupert Murdoch: worst muppet ever…

8 Likes

well, except when you point out completely equal scandals - Rose and Lauer were both conservative - rose loved wall street and its munificent blessings and wise stewardship of the economy, and Lauer…yes, that softball interview with HRC really showed his soft pink underbelly

5 Likes

Note that a whole bunch of the people who have been taken down by harassment and assault claims so far had previously down-played this sort of thing.

So I’m guessing Murdoch has a few skeletons in his closet.

4 Likes

Yes, and you had to pay $32M to shut a woman up because Bill O’Reilly just called her a “poopyhead”. Right, Rupey, baby?
Man, Jerry Hall really has sunk low since the '70s. It must be one helluva prenup after having Bryan Ferry and Mick Jagger!

4 Likes

Jerry Hall is to Rupert Murdoch what Melania Trump is to Donald Trump…

4 Likes

Double indemnity?

Fox News: Flagrantly Biased. Home of huckster advertising.

4 Likes

Wildly Off Topic - but…

8 Likes

They are going to say that speculation of an insurance policy is an admission of “creation” of parts of the dossier.

8 Likes

Well, first off, it’s somethign clearly taken waaaaay out of context.
Second, he’s clearly referring to an “insurance policy…etc.” as an METAPHOR, and the metaphor he uses is meant to illustrate that whatever it was they were talking about didn’t make a whole lot of sense, because taking out an insurance policy on yourself in case you die before 40 kinda doesn’t make sense either.
Third, the answer is going to be something along the lines of them anticipating issues in light of Trump being a neophyte and a blatant authoritarian, who had made promises on the campaign trail as to what he would do to Clinton if elected, etc., and they were discussing how to deal with that and insulate the FBI from the kinds of behaviors they anticipated he’d exhibit in relation to law enforcement…AND WHICH HIS BEHAVIOR OVER THE LAST YEAR CONFIRMED THEY WERE RIGHT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT.
This is a can of worms Goodlatte is going to regret opening.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available