Discussion: Rupert Murdoch: Carson May Be ‘The One To Beat’ In 2016

Murdoch seems to think he can influence the nomination when the rabble that supports Trump was birthed from Murdoch’s own making, FoxNews, the real embarrasment to this country.

True, but today, someone with Goldwater’s views would be regarded as too liberal for the Republican Party.

1 Like

Carson doesn’t know much outside of surgery and has no political experience.

His ‘vision’ needs a lot of lenses to correct for his deficits.

And the racists in the GOP (25% or so) will not be enthused if he was the nominee.

Rupert Murdoch, Foxy News and its Saudi owners are playing kingmaker for the Republican party with an iron hand and also with flamboyance, and obvious relish. Brett Baier and Megyn Kelly tried to destroy Donald Trump’s campaign and act as enforcers and capos for the Republican elite. That scheme clearly has failed. The Saudi owners also fumed against the impact on campaign advertising by Trump on Foxy News.

Now they are trying to prop up Ben Carson

hahahaha. yeah right.

remember when michael steele became chairman of the rnc, and immediately afterward, conservatives started saying “the republican party no longer represents me”?

carson is the republican party’s one black friend. they like him because he shares their views, and they’ll support him in a way to say, ‘see, we ain’t raciss!’, and then they’ll pick a white guy. someone who DOES represent them.

1 Like

Rupert sees Carson as the antidote for all this Trump fever, and once Trump’s fleeting lead fades, then they can insert Kasich as their White Hope.

2 Likes

Rupert chose the crazies one. What does that tell you?

The GOP is really acting in a dream world. I just want to know what Carson is going to talk to world leaders about?

If they really believe this , they have already lost this election.Carson has shown nothing regarding policy or ability to grasp what may be important to anyone beyond his base.

2 Likes

I think that Deez Nuts and Rupert’s masseuse have a better chance of becoming the Republican nominee.

The original remark from Rube before his social media editor got to it

@rupertmurdoch “Ben Carson polls improving every week. Maybe the meat to beat.”

1 Like

He does, that’s where his Faux news money has been coming from.

But the racists hate when they are called out on their racism. He is merely helping them with their (transparent) cover.

That way the rest of the normal veiled racism that is Faux’s bread and butter seems less so…

4 Likes

My god, I give up. I don’t care who the Republicans pick. Not one of them could beat any of the declared candidates on the Democratic side. So I wish them all a bloody fight. I hope Ben Carson gets to speak more. He’s creepy.

1 Like

Carson isn’t black, he’s evangelical — one of their own.

Letting God run human affairs.

And the sad thing is, that at this point I really don’t care who the Democrats pick. By the time someone ask me, it will all be over, and I won’t want to give up a Saturday to caucus. I certainly am not going to give any of them money until the general starts.

In a skilled consultant’s hands, attacking Carson wouldn’t be difficult. In fact the attack ads would range from the silly to the red meat areas. Now the latter (the red meat) would be asking for it, because Atwater’s rule #1 would have to be precisely followed. However Trump vs Carson would have one question to it that everyone would be dying to see: If he was attacked, would Carson push back?

Secondly, SurveyUSA uses more concise language, especially for ballot propositions, than competitors. This can lead to diverging results, such as for California Proposition 76, where one version of the SurveyUSA question with a one sentence description, polled significantly differently compared to another version with a three sentence description (which was similar to a version of the question used by other pollsters, which used a five or six sentence question)

I almost want to see the questions sheet for the Trump poll.

Somebody suggested that Ben Carson is the Republicans’ presidential primary equivalent of Lieutenant Governor and RNC Chairman Michael Steele. That comparison is apt.

There’s a chance Ben Carson may be favorably viewed during polling and there’s a chance eh might be nominated. But when push comes to shove, Ben Carson will be pushed out in favor of someone more racially and ignorance-level compatible with the Republican base like Rinse Pubis.

Well, at least he’s not a cu… … Or is he?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available