Discussion: Rubio

Discussion for article #235382

“you respect that because you love them.”

Yeah! But giving them equal legal status and tax benefits and rights of inheritence, visitation, etc.? No way! I don’t love them THAT much!!!

If shit for brains thinks this is the happy middle ground that the nation is supposedly pining for, then he’s been smoking roofing tiles.

11 Likes

So Rubio believes being gay is a “choice” or “decision”?

No, Marco, being a Republican is a choice or decision. Being a homophobe is a choice or decision. Acting on homophobia to make the GOP’s base happy is a choice or decision.

Being a gay man or a lesbian is an innate characteristic. And it’s also a good reason to vote for Democrats!

8 Likes

“Sen. Rubio Opposes Gay Marriage But Would Attend Same-Sex Wedding”

In other words, “Yes! I am a TOTAL DOUCHE BAG!”

5 Likes

Well, I do agree with him on one thing. I am completely intolerant of intolerance.

5 Likes

if its a gentleman’s wedding would he kiss them both after the vows?

2 Likes

He just likes to eat a piece of wedding cake or wedding pizza. But who will bake it?

1 Like

He wants to have his Gay wedding cake and eat it too …

9 Likes

“If they wanted to change that law, they should have gone to the legislature or back to the Constitution and try to change it,” Rubio said. “I don’t agree we should be trying to make those changes through the courts.”

Doofus. The courts are the ones who have the job of rubbing the legislature’s nose on the Constitution if the legislature craps on it.

8 Likes

Attending a wedding as a guest is doing far more “participating in the ceremony” than simply baking and delivering the cake or providing the flowers. What say your “friends”?

7 Likes

Why am I not surprised that Rubio is proud enough of his hypocrisy to parade it publicly like that?

8 Likes

Rubio, who recently jumped into the 2016 presidential race, added
that he wasn’t going to try and hurt someone because he disagreed with
them about same-sex marriage.

“I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice
they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or
whatever it may be,” Ramos said.

Presumably, based on the context, the quote in the second paragraph is actually from Rubio, not Ramos.

If so, it’s a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. He’s not going to hurt them because of a choice they made, he just thinks others have the right to do so.

1 Like

Rubio is trying to be all things to everybody. Typical of a cheap, ignorant politician, particularly ones like this one who are too dumb to even try and conceal it.

8 Likes

I can see it now…
SCENE: The Receiving Line
RUBIO: May I kiss the groom?

“He said that it shouldn’t be legal to deny someone service because of sexual orientation but also said that a photographer, for example, shouldn’t be punished for refusing to do something that violates their religious views.”

Can someone please explain what this means? The cognitive dissonance is killing me.

7 Likes
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) believes marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman but he also said that he would go to the wedding of someone close to him who is gay or lesbian.

<ChurchLady>
Well isn’t that special.
</ChurchLady>

Also, check out Rubio’s ears in that picture. Is he a Romulan? Romulans have senators.

He just likes to eat a piece of wedding cake or wedding pizza. But who will bake it?

You may be thinking of Kris Krispie.

I think Rubio just surrendered his religious freedom.

“There is a growing intolerance on this issue, intolerance of those who continue to support traditional marriage,” Rubio said in 2014. “Even before this speech is over, I’ll be attacked as a hater or bigot. Or someone who’s anti-gay. This intolerance in the name of tolerance is hypocrisy. Supporting the definition of marriage as one man and one woman, is not anti-gay. It is pro-traditional marriage.”

Let’s find out if you are a hater or a bigot by adding four words and changing one:

“Supporting the definition of marriage as one man and one woman of the same race, is not racist. It is pro-traditional marriage.”

Yep, you’re a hateful bigot all right.

3 Likes

Pretty much just a wedding crasher.

3 Likes