Discussion: Rubio Asks Court To Dismiss Complaint Arguing He's Not 'Natural Born Citizen'

Discussion for article #244684

1 Like

“Sweaty, Anxious “Dry Foot” Cuban Anchor Baby Asks Court to Dismiss Complaint”

(TPM Headline Edited for Enhanced Accuracy)

25 Likes

This amuses me. I knew Jindal was an anchor-baby…for some reason I don’t think it had registered with me that Rubio was as well.

Now I believe they were both qualified by birth as ‘Natural Born’…But given the shit spread on the right, I expect some of that to splash back on Rubio from their own teabaggers as they learn this.

Now Cruz may yet end up being a different story. Personally I believe he gains his natural born status via his mother end of story. But obviously there are others who are far more knowledgeable than I that have questions still.

Regardless…I will sit back and enjoy the show being provided. Reap the whirlwind assholes… ya’ll built that shit.

18 Likes

Love it!

Keep it going!

3 Likes

I can see him winning the citizenship clarification, but won’t being 19 still rule out a run?

8 Likes

Flatfoot gets flatfooted.

2 Likes

Or as the GOP likes to call em, Anchor Baby!

13 Likes

Rubio was born in the United States, but his parents did not become American citizens until after his birth

So anchor baby.

:wink:

22 Likes

Tonites GOP debates going to be aaaawwwweeeeessssssoooommmmmeeeee made for TV BS…

9 Likes

So Drumpf is really the most American of them all, huh?

4 Likes

Whiners gotta whine…

2 Likes

I apologize for the huge, moist snorts of anguish I keep emitting on behalf of these two august anchor babies.

8 Likes

Yes, you can’t win on looks alone.
Or maybe, “looks alone” is what we are talking about.

I love it that the whole birther thing is coming back to bite
these assholes; if they had never started it with Obama,
I doubt it would be an issue today for them;

24 Likes

Donald Trump has a Scottish mother, so maybe not.

8 Likes

Rubio wants to make it clear: he’s an anchor baby.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was another RWNJ meme that spread around after the full birth certificate came out and many of them accepted that he was born in Hawaii. They dug up from French philosopher from the 1700s (because you know how much teabagger love Frenchies) who made a distinction between native-born citizens (those merely born in the country) and natural-born citizens, who must have both parents be citizens. That was Obama would be disqualified no matter what.

Of course, it makes you wonder why they never thought of that before going through five years of rigamarole about birth certificates…

3 Likes

Trump’s mom was born in Scotland. This is so funny. So, did Trump’s mom come here as an immigrant??

6 Likes

Marco’s an anchor baby! Marco’s an anchor baby! Marco’s an anchor baby!

6 Likes

All have to say about this is: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available