Discussion: Rosenstein: 'We Are Not Going To Be In Contempt Of This Congress'

1 Like

Roopublicans?

38 Likes

Loving the chutzpah. Dems take note. Respond quickly and forcefully, don’t get rattled or sucked into their game.

29 Likes

Is it too much to ask for one Democratic lawmaker to go on the record and comment something along the lines of “it appears that our Republican colleagues are hiding something about their own role in this Russian interference with our elections” ?

28 Likes

Highlights from today’s herring (not a typo) so far …

We learn that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) is still clueless:

CNN chyron writer masterfully trolls Howdy Gowdy in real time:

42 Likes

“We are not in contempt of this Congress and we are not going to be in contempt of this Congress.”

Yeah......well............that ham sandwich of yours in the breakroom fridge is going to jail!!!!
11 Likes

I just watched a few videos, and the thing that struck me is the GOP is really, really afraid to let Rosenstein say anything.

It reminded me of my teenager’s old tactic of trying to shout over any uncomfortable words from parents.

30 Likes

IDKW but that immediately brought this to mind:

4 Likes

Why should anyone give a shit what Darrell says. Issa won’t even be a member of Congress come November. He only won by 1700 votes in the last election. Does he think he has a chance in the next one?

15 Likes

January.

11 Likes

Makes no difference! They want his pound of flesh…at all costs!

2 Likes

And this all paints a picture. I go back to my comments on an agenda in play. Why would he be so adamant unless he has something waiting at the end of the journey. So many of the Republicans make me ask a lot of questions in my head on what their reward is. Nunes is a really, really good example of this.

This has been in play for a long time now. They trumpet the suspicions, shout over anyone with reasonable questions and try to avoid anyone hearing the answers.

17 Likes

"‘We Are Not Going To Be In Contempt Of This Congress’’

While they obviously won’t take his dare to put their staff under oath, because they’re lying cowards, they’ll take this dare to the bank. I can think of no better way to get the GOP to do something like hold you in contempt than to tell them they’re not going to.

5 Likes

It’s getting too easy to confuse the legal definition of contempt, with the plain English word for what those bastards deserve.

17 Likes

Definition of “contempt.”

That which conservatives are beneath.

13 Likes

…But we do have a lot of contempt for most of this congress.

8 Likes

Darrell Issa lecturing Rod Rosenstein on the law? The world is truly turned upside down.

On Jan. 16, 1973, Issa pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of possession of an unregistered gun. A magistrate fined him $100, put him on probation and ordered him to pay $107 in court costs. At the time, Issa was a student at Siena Heights University in Adrian, Mich. The arrest was first reported by the Adrian Daily Telegram on July 16.

He has been arrested numerous times (but apparently not convicted) and he’s a proven liar. Please.

13 Likes

Actually, this is another area the MSM could do a bit of due diligence on. If they want to do investigative reporting, there are enough suspect moments of action without visible motive to keep a lot of reporters busy a long time.

(Cough) Rohr… ah (cough) bacher!

Sorry, bit dusty today.

6 Likes

This is sometimes referred to as the “Alan Colmes Manoeuvre.”

9 Likes

Oh yeah.

1 Like