Discussion: Roseanne Cancellation Leaves Employees Out Of Work And Out Of Luck

Amazing! All these people hurt as a result of an un-politically correct tweet. Personally, I don’t care what an actor’s views are, as long as I get what I want…good entertainment.

Oh well, I guess Hollywood will replace this great show with a typically mediocre (but diverse and politically correct) piece of shit. Sad.

The minute anyone starts complaining about “political correctness,” I learn I can dismiss everything else in the post. Thanks, it’s a great timesaver!

11 Likes

It, also, shows how they don’t understand what political correctness is.

5 Likes

African Americans have been called Apes and Monkeys for years. There’s nothing okay about that. Apparently you don’t understand that not being politically correct means you can publicly smear someone with racist names.

3 Likes

“political correctness”
LOL! I love it when the RW snowflakes use that term. It’s always “political correctness” when they get called out on their blatant racism, sexism, or homophobia, but it’s PERSECUTION! when we call out their hypocrisy because, dontcha know, the Constitution says you can’t call a Teabagger an asshole for what they say! It’s in the First Amendment, people! Free speech for me but not for thee!
And hey, wagonmound: Whether it’s “politically correct” to call you a Trumpsucking Troll, I really don’t care, since I am speaking the truth and not stating a personal opinion.

5 Likes

Well, you poltically incorrect Trumptard crybaby snowflakes are pretty entertaining, so let’s not underestimate mediocre pieces of shit.

3 Likes

I know the article’s trying to make us feel bad a racist got fired but all I can think is perhaps those folks can look harder next time at the history of the person the show is named after.

3 Likes

“Southern Defeat In Civil War Leaves Plantation Overseers Out Of Work And Out Of Luck”

2 Likes

Really. I mean, Barr was Tweeting this crap years before the reboot. If they want to bitch about the cancellation, they should run up to Roseanne and scream in her face that they lost their job because she wouldn’t keep her mouth shut. She never cared about the consequences to her fellow members of the cast and crew due to her actions. Make her pay for her irresponsibility.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think that is at all how it works for the majority of the crew. Its a job in a highly competitive marketplace for them.

I do think that this article is probably overstating the case, however. The seasonal thing isn’t the 500 lb. gorilla it once was…there are just too many content developers and other projects always under way these days…think Netflix, Amazon Prime, and about a bazillion other content providers. The days of ABC, NBC and CBS owning everything are in the past.

4 Likes

When little pussies like you wave the “PC” flag you are alleging prior restraint of speech, so there’s a simple two-step test you need to apply before you complain:

1. Did a government, a priori, proscribe my speech?
    a.) Yes? OK, call the ACLU, they may take your case, despite you shitting on their name for decades.
    b.) No? Then shut the fuck up.

2. Did a non-government person proscribe my speech a priori, or condemn my speech after the fact?
    a.) No? then enjoy your cupcake, cupcake, you managed to be inoffensive for once.
    b.) Yes? Then shut the fuck up.

2 Likes

This is basically how these jobs operate. They’re temporary contract jobs that can end at anytime. Everyone that does this work understands that. They’ll all move on to new ones. Given Roseanne’s history of self damage I’ll bet her contract was pretty no nonsense. But here is America in a nutshell. Screw up, get caught and play the victim. I said yesterday morning by noon she’d be a victim and by evening a hero.

1 Like

In reality, the show could continue with another actress (Melissa McCarthy?).
Roseanne doesn’t own the show; Carsey-Werner does.

1 Like

as a result of their star’s racist beliefs.”

Roseanne’s cancellation was not the result of “racist beliefs”. It was because her lack of personal judgement and self-discipline made her more of a liability than an asset. She’s just stupid.

1 Like