Discussion: Romney To Trump: You Must Say Racists Are 100% To Blame For Charlottesville

1 Like

Romney’s aides just told him, “Today is the day you became President, sir!”

19 Likes

And expect the obligatory tweet about how (never Rump) Mittens lost to Obama.

14 Likes

In a statement issued later, Mitt Romney said that he would happily withdraw his objections to Trump if he could replace Tillerson as Secretary of State. Romney noted: “Remember I said all sorts of negative stuff about Trump during the campaign? I dropped all of that like a hot potato to lobby late last year to be Secretary of State, and would do so again.”

7 Likes

“Just tell that orange fuck that he doesn’t have to specify which color racist we’re blame!” - Mittens ‘Quiet Rooms’ Romney

So you want Trump to take some responsibility . . . good luck with that.

9 Likes

A guy who gets wound up with a key every morning telling a moronic sock puppet in the Oval Office what he ought to say.
Yes, folks, these are the depths to which America has sunk in such a short time.

4 Likes

There’s so much shit coming at Trump from all directions he’s going to have to spend all day in a tweet storm venting his anger.

15 Likes

I sure hope Romney doesn’t hold his breath waiting for Trump to “do the right thing.” The results of that would be fatal.

6 Likes

Well, it’s a bit late now, you weasel. You could have done more sooner.

9 Likes

Now mittens knows trump will never do that… he’s just looking forward to 2020

3 Likes

When he figures out who confiscated his phone and where they hid it, he’s gonna blow like Krakatoa.

8 Likes

The next time someone asks you the last time you saw evil, study the expressions in this picture.

8 Likes

Say Trump swallows his pride (HA, HA, read that and not laugh!) and issues a mea culpa, a national address actually conveying a sincere desire to heal paired with a denunciation of various racist organizations. Then what? I’ll tell you what. It’ll be the same damn routine as always. He’ll immediately start stewing about that very address and say something stupid and insulting and ill-considered, wrecking whatever was accomplished. We all now that’s how it’ll go down. The White House knows such an address would be a waste of time, Trump would make hash of it in short order.

11 Likes

That photo should appear as an example of the word “humiliation” in the dictionary (which, I realize, few people use anymore)

5 Likes

I sort of figured he was going to be the pick for Vice President by Pence when Trump goes. Then, of course, Pence gets booted and Romney and the Republicans are back on track.

The problem with this scenario is, Romney may be too Mormon for Pence…

3 Likes

Trump never should have made Romney order the meat loaf.

5 Likes

There is no chance of Trump apologizing. This is because the far right views any concession to moral or ethical norms or standards as a weakening constraint. The GOP believes in unbridled power and domination, nothing else. Morality enables those with better skills, character and talent to shine. Trump is the embodiment of this GOP principle. He cannot abide any rules or constraints. He takes aim at them all, because that is his goal: to remove any and all limits on his ID. He wants to act like a Mongolian conquerer raiding a village - dominating, raping and pillaging without consequence.

Trump won the nomination because of his willingness to attack all such standards. He got more popular after he attacked John McCain, because he attacked John McCain’s military service. GOPers view McCain’s exalted status in the party because of his time as a Vietnam POW as giving him more license to preach moderation and dismiss far right views. Trump got more support from his base after attacking Judge Curiel, because Trump voters hate the presence of Mexican Americans in our country and the demographic change that it represents. I recall Blake Shelton describing Trump as ‘bold’. This is exactly how his base sees him. Trump breaks all norms and conventions in a way that they could not.

I expect Trump to double down and take further aim at our institutions.

4 Likes

Gee, Mittens, if you had made that statement about four days ago, you might have looked like the statesman you never were and never will be. Instead, you look like every other craven, opportunistic Republican politician who has realized during this Trumpian fiasco that they are standing in deep shit due to their tacit and sometimes open support of the racist and fascist members of their base (and I do mean “base”) for the last SIXTY FUCKING YEARS!
And BTW, Mittster, who did let the dogs out?

4 Likes

Don’t you dare invoke an cataclym and spoil my viewing of a total eclipse from my backyard! :scream_cat:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available