Discussion: Romney Predicts Four More Years For Trump

2 Likes

The many faces of Mitt Romney, this time shilling for campaign contributions.

23 Likes

Right, it is major suckup time for Mittens. There is always time to flip, maybe we should start a lottery to bet on how many times it will happen while Spanky is POTUS.

13 Likes

Etch-a-sketchin’

13 Likes

I swear I remember this guy predicting he was going to be president himself.

23 Likes

In the spring of 2012, a coworker asked me what Mitt Romney stood for. My reply was whatever will get him votes. I’m glad to see he hasn’t changed one bit.

19 Likes

I’m looking forward to a time when this phony idiot is gone from politics forever. Is there NO end to it? He’s like Pence.

5 Likes

First off Mitt, the credit for the economy should go to Obama. Yes, he laid the foundation for the steady economy that Trump inherited. If you want to give someone credit for the stock market surge, you can credit Trump’s friends. Having the market surge nearly 8,000 points for no good reason created a hell of wealth effect. Combined with low gas pries, and artificially low interest rates the economy is going to respond. Interest on the ten year bond is still only 3.05 and the thirty year is at 3.07. For an economy with 3.8 percent unemployment rate and into the ninth year of expansion, those rates should be at least 5 percent if not 6 by historical standards.
Forbes 400 have went from 2.29 trillion in 2014 to over 9.1 trillion as last February. In 1982, the 400 richest were only worth 92 billion. So there is a lot of money out there to manipulate the market. The interest rates will stay low because of the size of our debt.

The national debt figure includes money owed by the government to itself. The debt held by the public is what matters to us since the government must pay out the interest to those bondholders. In 2009, the year President Obama took office, the national debt held by the public was $7.27 trillion. At the end of fiscal 2016, that had soared to approximately $14 trillion.

Given that our marketable debt doubled from 2009 to 2016, it’s remarkable that the annual cost of the interest on the debt rose far less, from $185 billion to $223 billion. Thank you, Federal Reserve.

12 Likes

When you’re ambitious, you have to play the game. This is a game, isn’t it? I do get to keep what’s left of my integrity and dignitude once I win, right?

1 Like

WTF… Was Utah the first state to legalize LSD?

6 Likes

Given that our marketable debt doubled from 2009 to 2016, it’s remarkable that the annual cost of the interest on the debt rose far less, from $185 billion to $223 billion. Thank you, Federal Reserve.

Yes. It was lost on all of the morons at the time, but borrowing during the great recession was essentially free money. Interest rates were close to zero, so inflation would essentially take care of the payments. If we had an opposition party that was more than their Freudian id, we could have rebuilt our nations entire infrastructure at a discount rate and juiced our economy. But no. The black guy was in charge.

12 Likes

Bending over, puckering up - the two requirements to get elected as a Republican. Greed Over Principles.

3 Likes

Brought to you by the guy whose state led the nation in health care coverage, then disavowed it when Obama said to try it on a national level. Also brought to you by the guy whose advice in 2009 when American carmakers were in their worst crisis ever to “Let Detroit Fail”. Mitt, if we actually took you seriously, we’d be a third world country by now. STFU

7 Likes

I think he solidly predicted that he would win against Obama, too.

5 Likes

Fascism is more fun than freedom.

3 Likes

Why the surprise? Mitt begged Trump for his endorsement in 2012, and at a time when Trump was leading the racist Birther movement.
Mitt is an odious character who deserves whatever bad political fates befall him.

8 Likes

How are those huge tax cuts and running for Senate in a conservative state working out for you and your principles, Mitt?

I bet he wouldn’t be saying the same thing if he was back in Massachusetts.

2 Likes

Close – they legalized the LDS. Just about as trippy.

7 Likes

Did Mitt’s “I will win” prediction come before or after Clint Eastwood talked to the chair at the Repub Convention? I thought he would run/win in Utah and be better than Orrin Hatch - wrong again - never overestimate a Republican. I repeat: never overestimate a Republican. George Romney, Mitt’s dad, might have been ok for America - he had run American Motors and been a governor, made a decent salary and paid a decent amount of taxes. Mitt became a robber baron, made huge money, destroyed lots of jobs, and paid very low taxes because of some crazy tax law that let him deduct for a “pledge” to the Mormon church. His daughter works for the RNC - Trump had her stop using “Romney” as her middle name. Trump humiliated Mitt while pretending to interview him for Secretary of State - and now Mitt proves that he deserved that humiliation.

5 Likes

Wrong again, Mitt.

3 Likes