Discussion: Roll Call Vote To Formally Nominate Hillary Clinton Is Underway

Hopefully, this will stop the madness.

1 Like

There’s still time for Hillary to be indicted. This isn’t over yet!

4 Likes

I like the roll call.

2 Likes

It won’t. Passions run high. Which isn’t all bad. Mind you, I’m pretty sure the fire can be redirected in the right direction. Then again, I’ve never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed.

3 Likes

I thought I heard the verdict last week!?!

1 Like

Passions have been gently diffused and I give a lot of credit to whomever has been tweaking the details.

Tonight, with Sanders calling for voice acclamation, it should be the end of it and it will be all Clinton from here on.

2 Likes

I love this stuff…waiting for my state…coming up soon…love hearing what each state person says about their state.

7 Likes

Here’s hoping. If they got Vermont to go last, and Sanders make the call for nomination by acclimation, I will be a happy camper and should put to rest most of the acrimony at the convention.

5 Likes

It always cracks me up when those little mini-speeches go on for like 5 mins.

4 Likes

Its goofy pride, but I like it. Yay…Michigan!

6 Likes

I’m watching it on C-Span like yesterday. It may feel different on the floor, but this roll call vote looks uplifting and more unified than early yesterday.

6 Likes

I just love it when my state proudly announce we are the beaver state. Those of us who live here and know we have the highest per capita of strip clubs and lesbians just grin. :wink:

8 Likes

And they talk about what they grow and so forth—people in Kansas are very excited about sunflowers, for instance, when they leave home. But I’m confused, isn’t the acclamation idea a way of bypassing the roll call and saying oh hell, we know who it is, just nominate 'em already? As a show of unanimity? And Sanders is all about no have the roll call, every little bean I mean vote must be heard as well as seen?

I’m watching it on C-span too. Couldn’t handle any of the cable news channels. They’ve gone off the fucking deep end talking about this convention imo.

6 Likes

Yes. It usually is. But this way Sanders can let every delegation have their vote, but Clinton still gets the nomination by acclimation unity in the official results of the convention.

1 Like

I thought this would be tedious…but I am really enjoying this. All the little proud facts and excited faces. AND I haven’t seen anyone dissing anybody. Each state is proud of the votes for each of the candidates. DANG…right as I was typing this someone booed Hillary during the Montana roll call.

2 Likes

The displays of regionalistic pride use to be a lot more colorful and hyperbolic, back in the days when we wore onions hanging from our belts.

7 Likes

If anything, it’s a good civics lesson for the little ones (and some of the bigger ones) one how its done, even if it is a fait accompli.

1 Like

Five bees to a quarter!

2 Likes