Discussion: Responding To US, Canada Begins Tariffs On US Goods From Ketchup To Lawn Mowers

Good for them. Nearly every trade agreement is favorable to the US in most respects. Some industries need some help and there’s always tinkering that needs to be done, but there’s not a single trade agreement that we haven’t negotiated in our favor.

27 Likes

13 Likes

HAPPY CANADA DAY GUYS !!!

Ait holidays great?

26 Likes

Man, those tariffs from the GOP are working great!

More winning!!!

/s

21 Likes

You can’t negotiate with this russian prez who thinks a sales tax … ( the VAT )… is a tariff or a prez doing whatever Putin tells him to do.

5 Likes

O I just can’t wait until we’re embargoed!

23 Likes

It’s a good thing trade wars are easy to win. Otherwise this could get ugly.

28 Likes

“scorecard”

15 Likes

The Canadians are hitting Trump voters in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and other places too. But hey this is what they voted for -trade wars. I read in my local paper this morning that a recession looming in the background. Trump is going to crash the economy.

21 Likes

That’s okay. We got mustard. Only pussies use ketchup. Am I right? We don’t need dish detergent, we got too many libs eatin tide pods goin on bout guns anyways. fuckin canadians.

14 Likes

Maybe Wharton will create a new course for MBA candidates to teach how easy it can be to win a trade war.

10 Likes

He’s bankrupted every other thing he’s run, so why not the US?

27 Likes

Besides, only RINOs have catsup on their cottage cheese, amirite?

3 Likes

ketchup and whiskey are number 1 and number 2 on the redneck food pyramid.

BWAAAAAAHAHAhahahahahahaha

25 Likes

You most certainly am.

2 Likes

Wait 'til after the 4th. Have mercy.

It’s far beyond the capacity of Trump’s brain to think his policies through to consequences, which does not mean there will not be consequences. I’m going to go out on a limb and predict a recession is on the way, thanks to Trump. If he had stuck to his promise of building and repairing infrastructure, rather than implementing his cockamamie trade policies, we may not be headed in the direction of a downturn.

Also, ask the farmers who will not find buyers for their crops, if they are even able to harvest what they grow without immigrant workers.

22 Likes

Yep. A feature of every Republican-controlled government. Start protecting your retirement funds now into safer harbors because it is a Nancy Grace Guarantee™ another crash is coming. (That will be the final delayed “prophecy” about Obama’s tenure that didn’t happen.)

13 Likes

@leftcoaster, you said it first about the recession. I said it after because I didn’t read the comments until after I posted.

3 Likes