Discussion: Reports: White Charleston Shooting Suspect Arrested In North Carolina

Discussion for article #237594

An excitable boy they all said…

2 Likes

Well north was clearly the right direction to flee. Genius. I can only assume he was trying to make it to Idaho.

7 Likes

Good.

1 Like

He must have heard about the Great White North…

3 Likes

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/18/everything-known-about-charleston-church-shooting-suspect-dylann-roof.html

Vanity licence plate with Confederate Flag.

“Roof wasn’t one of the outcasts, Mullins said.
(…) “I never heard him say anything, but just he had that kind of Southern pride, I guess some would say. Strong conservative beliefs,” he said. “He made a lot of racist jokes, but you don’t really take them seriously like that. You don’t really think of it like that.”
But now, “the things he said were kind of not joking,” Mullins added.”

DAD GIFTED HIM THE PISTOL FOR HIS 21st BIRTHDAY. He is the perfect son.

7 Likes

Thank God this terrorist has been caught.

3 Likes

But he acted alone, we just can’t figure out what set him off at all. Its one of those mysteries that can never be solved.

3 Likes

But as another article I’ve read on this asked:

1. What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?

2. Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?

3. What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?

4. Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?

5. Where are the white fathers in the white home?

6. When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?

7. Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?

8. Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?

18 Likes

To hide amongst the potatoes?

1 Like

Who will tell Rudy? This will crush him. One of his own. Tragic.

2 Likes

The white fathers are arming their sons.

1 Like

I made the mistake of looking at Foxnews and Breibart, wow, what deflection!Need to bleach my eyes out. (One even claimed that if Carter had not stopped the mental institutions…) and my fave: this is the result of such liberals as Bill Maher and Jon Stewart!

3 Likes

Who told you to visit those sites? Who? When will you learn your lesson?

1 Like

Momentary lapse of sanity! (I will go flog myself now!)

2 Likes

No, you have already suffered enough.

3 Likes

Certainly there are many who see his a the proverbial “Good Guy with a Gun”

Who knows what kind of criminal acts those nine darkies unborn progeny might have perpetrated on the white folks.

Thank Dog he was in that church!

It might seem to some that these are meant to be ironic questions, but they really are quite serious questions that need to be asked and answered (and answered for).

Most of all: What is responsible for the dramatic increase of racist, anti-black incidents in this country? How has white on black racism become fashionable and acceptable again? Who are the enablers? What is the role of the media in this? What is the role of our toxic politics?

How do we stop this?

2 Likes

HMMM - arrested at a traffic stop - no instant kill - but there is no difference when a young black man is arrested.

I would have thought North Dakota. He sounds like a perfect Calvin Cobb recruit.