Discussion: Report: White House Has Met With Potential Flake Primary Challengers

It bears repeating that as of Wednesday the excellent WaPo chart of the Senators’ positions had MCCAIN alongside Collins and Paul as a “No” vote. This wasn’t a mistake–McCain cited Medicaid. Even before the operation, they moved him to “Iffy”, not to Yes. With the illness, there’s even less chance McCain will run again. So if McCain comes back, he could still vote no, doing Flake the favor of not having to buck the Teabaggers. Mitch and Trump couldn’t do anything about it.
@pluckyinky @bankerpup @ralph_vonholst

6 Likes

I’m placing my bets on Flake.

2 Likes

There’s another difference. The “Moore” is an old GOP family that the GOP has always helped. As noted in the link, Murkowski also had to overcome a challenge by a write-in campaign.

1 Like

This is fascinating. Somehow all the Rs who are deemed moderate vote for trumPP’s position, and that would include all the R ladies. But how the House votes is also fascinating. Lots of number to scroll through but as I’ve learned elsewhere, many of the Rs in the House from CA who support PP including repealing ACA are also from districts who voted for Clinton. e.g. Issa and Royce, so they’re seen as endangered in 2018.

Flake’s record of support for PP’s positions. h/t @ottnott

1 Like

Me too :grinning:

Read it to your constituents at a town hall, Jeff. Then, after they beat the living shit out of you, you can use that Obamacare that you and your party are trying to repeal so you can afford to go to the hospital.
And the motherfucker knows how to read?

2 Likes

When I first glanced at that pic, I honestly thought it was Ann Coulter.

This is a good test for Senator Flake. He can tell Yertle and Don the Con to drop dead and publicly oppose the TrumpNoCare bill until such time as Mueller completes his investigation of Trump’s treason. Alternatively Flake can cave and reveal his tough words about Trump were vapid political rhetoric.

3 Likes

Do not reply to anything I post.

Go ahead, Trump, primary Flake, shatter the GOP vote.

Works for me.

3 Likes

Trump would sign any bill passed by the GOP Congress and loudly proclaim “victory”. Substance means nothing to him and to most of his idiot followers.

2 Likes

I still wonder about the constitutionality of a bill that was signed by the president with a crayon.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, Tena. Give the GOP base in Arizona a choice between a phony moderate like Flake, a batshit crazy Teabagger like David Bossie, and a true Trump loyalist who wants to take away the healthcare of people in Arizona who have a median age of 975-years-old (which means every other Republican candidate). Decisions, decisions!

2 Likes

Also RFK, God rest his soul.

1 Like

Per FiveThirtyEight, he’s vulnerable in AZ. But, do the Democrats have anyone of substance to challenge him? Nooooooo.

Ugh, I knew I remembered that name from somewhere - and not fondly! Thanks for the link.

Not Even close

Then why are you replying to mine?
I was replying to the Flake tweet that you posted. If you do not wish people to interact with what you put on this site, perhaps you should consider practicing your underwater basket weaving instead.
There have been innumerable times when I have had to, as other less-offendable people on this site have had to, put up with trolls posting responses to my posts which, personally, I love, since their inferior intellect makes them a joy to destroy with a few words from the fine folks on this site, including my inferior self.
But since you have requested it, I will no longer reply to any of your erudite and timeless posts, being the lesser-than-human being that I apparently am. And excuse me while I drop to my knees so I can kowtow to your majestic and magnificent wonderfulness.
Oh, and BTW: your Janis Joplin avatar will not get you into heaven anymore.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available