Discussion: Report: WH Sent Memo To GOP Saying Trump Was 'Correct' On Charlottesville

How could Trump possibly be wrong with his statements? The USA and its Allies spent three and a half years trying to eradicate the world of these vermin. We thought they were stamped out in 1945. Now the President of the United States of America gives life to these deplorable, hateful assholes. He just denigrated every American and their families who fought the Nazis in Africa and Europe and pissed on the graves in Belgium and Normandy, France of those who died in that struggle. As President Obama sang Amazing Grace at the SC church when one of those despicable waste of a human slaughtered people in A CHURCH!, I expected Trump to break out with Deutchland Uber Alles yesterday. What a disgusting person. If it takes violence to remove us of this cancer, so be it. We did it before and we can do it again.

1 Like

I’ve been opposed to antifa riots and other violence since the election…and still am. However, a good friend who’s an atheist Jew from the former Soviet Union pointed out to me that maybe the problem in Germany during the early days of the Nazi rise is that the Germans didn’t riot enough.

It’s a striking point. Not one I’m willing to embrace, but she makes a truly excellent point.

4 Likes

“The President was entirely correct …"

So correct that donnie’s unscripted rant elicited a grimace from Kelly behind the curtains.

3 Likes

When people used to order and plenty experience riot and disorder, they turn right, not left. Even in the face of evidence that the right was formenting violence to cause them to do that.

1 Like

“Leaders and the media in our country should join the President in trying to unite and heal our country rather than incite more division,” it said."

I want to vomit

2 Likes

OT but 3M and Campbell’s have now left Tramp’s “surround me with CEOs” council.

2 Likes

Some turn right, others (mostly the young and restless) are actually attracted by the excitement of the riots and seek to join that. We saw that during the 60’s.

My discomfort is along the lines of what’s right, but also along the lines of what’s effective. Martyrs are more effective than rioters. The massacred Kent State students spoke louder than the SDS. Images of lynchings are more effective than images of rioters or even of people fighting back. Heather was unarmed. We should be doing more with that.

2 Likes

This isn’t the shipping heiresses first rodeo in the White House. She was Dim Son’s Secretary of Labor under that eight year reign of error. Her families shipping company hauls most of the crap from China for Wall Mart. It’s why the National Guard was set lose on the striking Oakland dock workers before they had even gone into arbitration. Cost the corporation money and you get hurt.

1 Like

Love the ‘rocket surgery’ – perhaps the field of ‘brain rockets’ will soon have something to contribute?

President Trump’s two major councils of top CEOs disbanded Wednesday in the wake of his controversial remarks over the recent racially-charged violence in Charlottesville, Va.

Several corporate leaders had announced they were resigning from the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum as well as a separate manufacturing council in recent days after Trump was slow to condemn white supremacy groups.

But on Twitter, Trump said it was his decision to disband both councils. “Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum. I am ending both,” he tweeted.

The dissolution of the council is a major setback for a president who had cast himself as a business leader who could bring greater prosperity to companies and the economy.

2 Likes

Absolutely gut wrenching. This young woman journalist is a very courageous person.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to Ben Carson ? AWOL ?

1 Like

The next Trump rally
Heil, mein Führer!" (Hail, my leader!), or “Sieg Heil!”

1 Like

Its like you can just imagine him standing over and yelling into the face of a staffer “tell them im right and their wrong…do it”

1 Like

I guess I find myself going even farther back to the fact that this country was basically born out of violent riots and protests that eventually escalated to all out Revolution. To accept the birth of this country as legitimate is to accept that there is a point where violent riots and protest as means of social and political change is legitimate. The question then becomes where is that point?

I mean every year hundreds of thousands of students in this country are tought that the Sons of Liberty were heroes for dressing in redface and destroying millions of dollars of private property to protest a tea tariff. But if a couple store fronts get damaged when Black Lives Matter protests the murder by police of yet another unarmed blackman it discredits the entire movement?

2 Likes

Necessary, even. Godwin himself says by all means, go ahead.

4 Likes

Millions? The hell you say.

1 Like

Sorry, the destroyed tea was only worth the equivalent of about $1.7 million today so I suppose I should have more properly said “over a million dollars in damages” instead of going with the plural.

1 Like

The rest of the world isn’t quite so pleased:
Trump’s stance on Virginia violence shocks America’s allies

1 Like

So the multiplier between those bucks and today’s is what? 50? 100?

1000 pounds was a fortune in those days as an annual income. 100 was proto-middle class.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available