Discussion: Report: Trump Pledges To Campaign For Midterms As GOPers Fear Tough Fight

That’s what’s so funny and so useless: he’ll only campaign in places they’d win anyway, so when the rest of the GOP lose in their districts, he can blame their losses on their disloyalty to him. He’s such a petty little jagoff.

18 Likes

And Normay! And Nambia! Those are safe districts, too, you know!

13 Likes

Better charge up that golf cart, looks a little hilly ahead:

33 Likes

Hasn’t happened yet… I wouldn’t hold my breath for that crash.

7 Likes

“Trump pledges”: possibly the emptiest phrase in the language.

32 Likes

To paraphrase one of Bette Davis’s most famous lines, “I’d love to campaign with ya, Donald, but I just washed ma hair!”

14 Likes

Also better make sure it’s amphibious, given the blue flash flood about to storm down from the peaks.

5 Likes

From your mouth to god’s ear.

4 Likes

Seriously, the point at which campaigning stops being gratifying—like when the challenges mount up and his routine stops working—is the point at which he’ll simply stop campaigning. He’ll figure screw the Republicans, it’ll work out some kind of way for him personally, because rich punks always assume they won’t get in any serious trouble no matter what they do.

24 Likes

We’d give him a real Manhattan welcome, I guarantee it. I fondly remember when Ryan tried to show his face here for the first time in 2017.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+york+protests+ryan&oq=new+york+protests+ryan&aqs=chrome..69i57.8887j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

13 Likes

And the fool thinks this will actually HELP some candidate? My god, he’s the reason why so many of them are going to LOSE!

16 Likes

Can’t wait to see Trump take Shit-Force One to defecate on districts across America. I’m sure most Republicans hope he maximizes his Executive Time instead.

8 Likes

o/t - but how does this play in to Jared’s beautiful middle east peace plan?

APNewsBreak: US set to cut UN money for Palestinian refugees

a graph from the article

Haley wants a complete cutoff in U.S. money until the Palestinians resume peace talks with Israel that have been frozen for years. But Tillerson, Mattis and others say ending all assistance would exacerbate instability in the Mideast, notably in Jordan, a host to hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees and a crucial U.S. strategic partner.

13 Likes

Well, duh, for lack of a more intelligent thought. But “duh” works. Campaigning and holding rallies are what that asshole loves to do more than golfing, eating shitty food, and rage tweeting. It’s going to be a monumental task for Republicans to keep him the hell out of their states and districts. And even if they can manage to keep him out, he’ll almost certainly tweet his disappointment that Rep. So and So told him not to come. Meanwhile, all of these batshit challengers from the right will be clamoring away for a visit from PP. And it will work in some cases, he won’t be able to stop himself from weighing in on every race and trying to play kingmaker even when it’s almost guaranteed to cost an electable candidate their election. He’ll do it anyway because he has to make everything, every damn thing, about himself. And that’s not even gonna be the fun part. No, that will be when the lame duck Congress returns to session and are back on the Hill packing up their offices and their president is on TV and Twitter blaming them for losing and talking about how none of it has anything to do with him and it’s certainly not his fault.

30 Likes

Haley: It could be worse. We could give you the same treatment we gave Puerto Ricans.

10 Likes

Chiselin’ Trump: “I promised to campaign for Republican members of Congress in the midterm elections, but not in shithole districts.”

8 Likes

Please proceed “President Shithole”

7 Likes

Oh yes do send trump to NJ-2, home of still struggling Atlantic City and vacation home of Kellyanne “Alternative Facts” Conway. He can come as soon as there is a Republican candidate–the incumbent (Republican) has already quit.

9 Likes

“We are going to have a very challenging cycle,” Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) told reporters last week. “There’s no question the majority’s at risk.”

But I thought that passing the Tax Scam was going to save Rs from electoral disaster?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/10/14/the-kochs-want-that-tax-cut-badly/oUJ2VvCU0GAIT7cbdZfIXL/story.html

13 Likes

One of the very big consequences of loosing at one or both houses is that the Dems would then commence a real investigation of Trump ( as opposed to these phony re-investigations of Hillary.) And if Trump fires Muller, the Dems will immediately re-hire him for their real inquiry into Trump scandals.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available