Discussion: Report: Trump Pledges To Campaign For Midterms As GOPers Fear Tough Fight

x1000.

I’ve felt some, well, pity for her from the beginning. She’s always struck me as someone who’s not quite bright enough to realize in real time when she’s being used as a tool. This ad confirms those feelings.

For some reason I’m thinking about, oh, the Green Party and where so much of its resources came from.

1 Like

It would be the best gift he could give Dems! Please campaign long and hard for the GOP.

Bottom Line: Take nothing for granted.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, Flynn was asking for himself. Not Trump.

2 Likes

Everywhere I turn…trump
I open my eyes… trump
Poke on TPM and every story is trump
It takes an incoming missile alert to bump him off the screen…temporarily.

I feel …saturated by this … person.
And I’m low on bleach.
It is becoming mental torture.

It may take more than indictments to rally my spirit.

1 Like

Saturday I heard that the administration is begging the media to stop asking about Mexico funding the wall. Republicans want 18 billion American taxpayer dollars, and they fully intend to make us shell it out.

Where’s the conservative outrage?

5 Likes

“We are going to have a very challenging cycle,” Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) told reporters last week. “There’s no question the majority’s at risk.”

Gee Tom Republican from Oklahoma, if only there had been a way for you to help prevent the oncoming blue tsunami…

2 Likes

why be our guest donald we would love for you to constantly remind everyone why we need to get rid of the GOP.
I mean you.re worthless in the oval office anyway it would do the country good to keep you out of the white house.
BTW some one keep that tally on how much he is paying himself daily for him not to stay in the white house while campaigning.

3 Likes

Cole is a knee-jerk wingnut—but he’s held up by the cable media as a “moderate conservative,” despite the fact that his voting history is far, far to the right.

2 Likes

No doubt. I just find it funny to hear quotes from these nuts in the passive voice, as if these circumstances “just happened” without any input from their own fringey voting.

3 Likes

Republicans represent about 16% to 18% of the American public. That’s not a winning percentage.

While that has been historically true, it’s not carved in stone. This year, the GOP is demoralized and split. Democrats are revved up and united.

There is no evidence to support such a trite and tired bit of conventional wisdom.

In other news, water stays wet.

What fatuous twaddle. Dems are positioned to do very well in the Senate races.

Bullshit, and it stinks on ice. The House is going to turn blue, and by a decent margin. Historically speaking, when the polling for the generic congressional ballot is like it is now and the president’s approval ratings are underwater, the opposition party gains between 30 and 60 seats. We only need 24 to turn the House blue.

Voter suppression is very real—and can be overcome by a superior GOTV and registration campaign by Democrats. And that is what is happening on the ground in many states already.

Why you insist on sounding like Eeyore is beyond me. Maybe it’s an issue for other disgruntled BernieBrats, too.
But you’re wrong, and attitudes and defeatism like yours are the biggest problems the Dems face.

1 Like

brilliant!

Brylcream, a little dab 'll do ya…

1 Like

must be his Hogwaller blood

Please… Proceed.

1 Like

Then even though they’re 16% to 18% gerrymandering must be why they have the control they do. And that 16% votes
I think the trump base is more like a very solid unshakable uneducated dumb as a brick 33%

2 Likes

33% of voters = 16% of the population.

Trump is a minority president, and nothing will change that.

He doesn’t have enough support to win again. Nor will he have.

(Lays head on desk)
Oh Pleeese let it be so…

I hope his “coattails” set whatever district he decides to campaign for on fire and that GOPer pol looses bigly.

At this point, Trump has negative coattails.

1 Like

Apparently 39.2% of folks approve of his job performance. I am amazed it’s that high.

I hasten to add I do not trust polls after what happened in Nov. 2016

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available