Discussion: Report: Trump Admin Pulls O'Care Ads In Last Days Of 2017 Open Enrollment

He’s preaching to the choir.

Yeah people…I care SO much about you that I’m gonna make SURE you don’t have access to health care or education! I’m just like YOU.

2 Likes

Rumpy show your taxes. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tax-returns-petition-breaks-record_us_588a5a51e4b0c5656a62d5eb?bhxsg5bdatvx3whfr& https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

1 Like

@maximus–“First rule of fascism. Squash public information.”

From the ever popular 14 Characteristics of Fascism:

Item 6-Controlled Mass Media
Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other
cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or
sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in
war time, is very common.

1 Like

Release your taxesRumpy! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tax-returns-petition-breaks-record_us_588a5a51e4b0c5656a62d5eb?bhxsg5bdatvx3whfr& https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

Donald Trump is one of the dumbest man I know!

And to think he’s president, is surreal.

1 Like

Remember when some Koch funded PAC ran ads featuring a young woman in a doctor’s office, ostensibly a gynecologist, and a creepy uncle Sam comes in? They were actively trying to scare young people away from having health insurance.

This is a page from the same book.

2 Likes

How about making a push for sign ups through traditional media, specially couldn’t Colbert, John Oliver, Fallon, SNL all run the ad. Lets make opposing Trump a reason to sign up. How does this idea take hold?

3 Likes

I will never write the words “President” and His Orangeness’ actual name next to each other, and I think it would be a good idea for the media, in all its forms, to refrain from doing so, too. Just refer to Trump; the office deserves respect, but not the Occupier.

2 Likes

Plus they will have to get sick again or relapse to prove that the ACA was bad.

Did you notice how fast the R’s woke up from their stupor to distance themselves from Trump’s tariff talk? I bet a lot of congressmen got panicked calls from a lot of business people who support Republicans very alarmed by Trump’s nonsense regarding tariffs.

1 Like

Public information? Who in this country doesn’t know about Obamacare? You really need the government to advertise for a program that if you don’t already have insurance you need to sign up? Who doesn’t already know that. A waste of money.

Articles like this I find a truly terrifying. Under this Administration we will not be able to trust the information the government puts out if it’s going through Herr Trump’s political filter. Why? Because “alternative facts.”

Trump: Why waste money on ads when no one wants to buy expensive health care from Obama. We save money this way.

Waste bothering you, J? How about pulling advertisements that you’ve already paid for? That seems like waste to me.

And, yes, there are people coming of age, getting married, getting jobs, having families, etc. whose life circumstances make insurance more necessary and/or accessible. letting those people know about this coverage is not a ‘waste’.

So those people don’t already know about Healthcare.gov? It isn’t that hard to figure out. BTW, they don’t have to figure out what the coverage is, they are required to buy it anyways. That is what a MANDATE is. You have to buy crap you don’t really want because people in government think you are too stupid to know what you need.

Heartened to hear that message from the provinces.
Barely a week-in and his administration just seems completely untenable in its current form. Doesn’t it?

Little Piss-Hair can’t STAND the fact that Obamacare is VASTLY more popular than he is…so he will do the only thing he is any good at, sabotage.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

(Explanation: Trump’s hair is what you get when you run piss through a cotton-candy machine.)

J - you’re missing the point behind this particular mandate. Young, relatively healthy people, who often did not see the need to kick in for health care for themselves, were needed in the health insurance pools to balance the costs of the older, sicker insured. This element balances the costs insurers would face with having to insure older (sicker) people and those with pre-existing conditions. Eventually, the young healthy ones grow to be older, sicker ones and then their care is covered by a pool that still includes old/sick and young/healthy. It has nothing to do with government thinking people are ‘too stupid’ (although there is a flavor of too stupid in the air somewhere).

2 Likes

“You can lead a whore to culture, but you can’t make her think.”
–Oscar Wilde

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available