Discussion: Report: McMaster Didn't Realize Import Of Classified Intel Trump Gave Russians

Beat me to it. How is that not the headline?

5 Likes

Comforting.

2 Likes

GOP voters in the most recent election adamantly wanted an outsider to bring a new, fresh approach to DC.

Their quirky God is punishing all of us by producing what they prayed for—a reality-tv show called “Presidential Apprentice.”

8 Likes

He wrote a book on Vietnam don’t you know.

1 Like

(Inspector Closeau voice): "Not anymeure "

3 Likes

McMaster doesn’t realize the import. President doesn’t have the patience or capacity to try to understand anything at all (unless he’s mentioned and even then it’s not clear he’s not just scanning for his name).

8 Likes

Did you actually expected Trump to hire someone smarter than him?

2 Likes

Time for the General to read the instructive non-fiction book called Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam by HR McMasters.

Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/Dereliction-Duty-Johnson-McNamara-Vietnam/dp/0060929081

18 Likes

Oh god, I hope not.

4 Likes

The diplomats were spies.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s disturbing, and disappointing. I’ve been wanting to see McMaster as one voice of reason in this train wreck of an administration. Maybe he is on some matters, but it looks like he was put in the wrong job. No surprise there, I guess, given who put him there.

5 Likes

More evidence to back up the hypothesis that no one is immune from the gravitational pull of Trump’s anti-credibility force-field.

As Josh Marshall (and others) have observed, everyone who allows themselves to be drawn into Trump’s orbit soon finds themselves with their credibility utterly shot and their reputation in tatters.

The latest willing victim is McMaster, who by all reports was a well-respected figure before he lashed himself to the Trumpian anchor and cheerfully walked the plank.

12 Likes

Atlantic Headline Feb. 20, 2017

“Trump Gets an Upgrade at National Security Adviser
By replacing Mike Flynn with H.R. McMaster, President Donald Trump added one of the most talented officers the U.S. Army has ever produced to his team.”

8 Likes

Okay, next question. If you didn’t know the importance of the intel, then how could you be certain that Trump’s “sharing” of it was, in your words, “wholly appropriate”?

14 Likes

If I was one of our country’s enemies… now sure would seem like a good time to unleash some vengeance. I’m reminding myself of this whenever I want to laugh at what’s happening. But then I just can’t help myself anyway.

8 Likes

“Not steeped in counter intelligence?” Really?

How about, “a guy dumb enough to take the job is dumb enough to eff it up.”

Remember, the canonical example of ‘oxymoron’ is “military intelligence”

4 Likes

No President did in an entire 4 year term or`even two 8 year terms half the unethical things that Trump has done in 4 months, And I include Nixon in that.

9 Likes

I fear that like Diogenes, who wandered around ancient Greece carrying a lantern and searching for an honest man, we may end up wandering through the Trump administration trying to find an intelligent one.

13 Likes

Maybe outside of Beetle Bailey…

4 Likes

McMaster wishes he could have a do-over…Ya betcha.

4 Likes