Discussion: Report: Manafort Met With Assange Multiple Times, Including In 2016

1 Like
23 Likes

Could the be called “COLLUSION?”

10 Likes

Joe Biden thinks this is a big fucking deal.

IIRC, the US intelligence community has issued a semi-formal semi-finding that Wikileaks is a de facto arm of the GRU/FSB.

40 Likes

Maybe Paulie’s lawyers can arrange for a new pussy for Assange…

4 Likes

I hope Trump pardons Manafort - I really do.That would seal the deal on his obstruction of justice.

My fear is that our current so-called AG is already totally fucking with the investigation behind closed doors.Why wouldn’t he be- it’s his JOB!

15 Likes

Manafort is praying for a pardon. But Trump seldom follows through on promises to underlings.

9 Likes

Remember this day when the Guardian permitted a serial fabricator to totally destroy the paper’s reputation.

Smells like WikiNervous.

37 Likes

I’m more interested in a cereal fabricator this morning.

12 Likes

I call it conspiracy to undermine the US government and treason.

17 Likes

Yes, but which country’s election was Manafort working with Assange trying to influence? This seems to make Manafort a serial colluder.

16 Likes

Well some one has to pay for Assange’s kitty’s litter, which by the way he doesn’t change.

8 Likes

Please, could we lash the Republican Party to Manafort for the next 20 years? It would grate on my nerves, but I could tolerate “Paul Manafort conservative/traitor” in the same way I have to endure “Nancy Pelosi liberal” in political ads.

6 Likes

Who leaked this? And why? Second question is the lower-hanging fruit: to tell Manafort how fucked he is, and to tell Trump his desperation plays aren’t going to work. But who? If we assume Mueller’s shop would never, which we kind of have to? CIA? FBI? Congress? British intelligence? Could be a lot of folks.

36 Likes

With all the evidence of numerous contacts with the Russians and now Wikileaks floating around it is hard to believe the narrative that the Trump campaign was innocent, I mean you really have to work hard to believe there was nothing going on and it was all a string of random coincidences.

19 Likes

Bwahahaha!

Trump: “And if we hire you to run the campaign, what do you bring to the table???”

Manafort: smiles “Let me tell you a little story about a man named Assange…”

Edit: Makes sense, right? Bring him on to get the offered connection, then Pauly backs off it for the sake of public appearances while they tap Stone to do the secret legwork, meaning Stone is/was unarguably an agent of the campaign and Trump himself.

22 Likes

My rubles are on the British

26 Likes

Sigh…you just made me want Cookie Crisp…

6 Likes

Its an interesting report to drop within hours of Mueller dragging Manafort back into court for reneging on his plea deal, to be sure.

But there is also a lot of conjecture surrounding it right now. Anonymous sources for one. The meetings happened before he was in the employ of the Trump campaign for another. (though the last one is getting dangerously close to that window).

The one thing I will say however is…I would hate to be anyone under Mueller’s microscope if Assange had any dirt on me whatsoever. With Ecuador steadily pushing him out the door, that weasel will sing like a canary to save his own skin. Any bets that he will keep quiet is so much whistling past the graveyard.

34 Likes

Manafort’s visits to the embassy were not logged, as is typical practice, Ecuadorean sources told the Guardian.

Is it typical practice for the Ecuadoreans to log visits, or to not log visits?

9 Likes