Discussion: Report: George W. Bush Quips That Trump Makes Him 'Look Pretty Good'

I think in the long run, that will do far more damage to our democracy than Ford’s pardon of Nixon. Now we can argue what would have happened if Obama did start hearings. But he didn’t.

2 Likes

He is however taking a good crack at destroying democracy and allowing the Russians to diddle in our elections and set our foreign policy.
Assholes cut from the same cloth
Fucking up the country in their own special way

4 Likes

Actually, http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/bush-counting-down-days-until-he-is-no-longer-worst-president-in-history

“I have to admit, I never thought I’d see this day in my lifetime,” the former President said. “When you leave office with the nation in smoldering ruins, you sort of come to accept that you’re gonna be worst for a long, long time.”

As the returns came in on Election Night, however, the former President suddenly realized that his days as the worst President in U.S. history might be coming to an abrupt end.

“Holy cow,” Bush remembered saying to himself. “Just holy cow.”

9 Likes

Geeez, I must not be as uptight as I thought…I laughed out loud at W’s comment. (Oh yes, I despised him as POTUS but remind myself I hated Cheney more…a lot more.) And, for once, he’s right…he and Buchanan are no longer worst POTUS ever.

Two things I agreed with W on: 1) I was grateful that during his term we moved daylight savings time back a few weeks and the long dark tunnel of winter was shortened. 2) Jiff is the best peanut butter.

4 Likes

Aren’t right-wing Christians supposed to be against moral relativism?

3 Likes

Ah the George W. Bush years… My existential night terrors were so young and innocent then.

7 Likes

Shrub’s twisted rationale.

Trump Is President = I’m No Longer Worst POTUS Ever = Mission Accomplished

3 Likes

At least he has enough self-awareness to recognize what a shitty presidency he ran.

6 Likes

That depends on a variety of factors.

3 Likes

Wrong again, George !

2 Likes

Trump sets a very low bar and Bush barely clears it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s fun and easy to make up counterfactual alternate universes where the people who actually bore the heavy burden of power and responsibility did the thing we thought they should have done all along and argue that those counterfactuals totally prove that we were right. Because somehow, when we’re creating those alternate universes, all the ways the thing we wanted done could have led to catastrophe, or even the ways it might not have made a difference, somehow never happen.

10 Likes

Nope. You’ll always be a war criminal, George. Might as well own it.

3 Likes

O W - you opened the door that this fuckwit walked right through.

6 Likes

That’s exactly why Leibniz said that this is the best of all possible worlds.

1 Like

Sorry but Trump does NOT have a 40% approval rating by anyone’s recent accounting.

2 Likes

It is fun and easy. That’s why I do it.

He wants to deprive people of their health care.

1 Like

well, 538 have him at 40.4 %

1 Like

That is exactly my comment:

Trump has yet to lie America into a disastrous war resulting in 1,000,000 deaths at a cost of trillions.

So no, as of now Bush Jr. is still the worst president of anyone’s lifetime born after March of 1933.

8 Likes