Discussion: Report: 1 Suspect In Paris Attack Killed, 2 In Custody

Discussion for article #231759

In short, the French treated this as a law enforcement issue, rather than as some sort of “war.” And succeeded. An object lesson.

25 Likes

I’ve got a glass of American bourbon by my hand that I’m going to raise to the French cops and security forces who got those sons of bitches without wasting any time about it.

18 Likes

Man, talk about swift justice…

taken care of business. Quick and efficient. The politically motivated here should check out the idea.
kudos to the French on this one.

4 Likes

Bravo, France!

4 Likes

Now for Mme. Defarge and the Tricoteuse.

Vive la France!

7 Likes

Damn, those French cops are good! They didn’t have to invade two countries or torture anyone and they still nabbed the bastards.

13 Likes

And it didn’t take them 13 years.

10 Likes

Yes but if they had used just a little bit of torture on a few random Muslims imagine how quickly they would have gotten them! Within minutes after the attack, no doubt. Torture is just that good.

6 Likes

Otherwise known in conservative circles as a wasted opportunity.

4 Likes

I suppose it helps when the actual murderers are still alive and in your country the same day as the attack.

I can’t help but feel that Osama bin Laden would probably have been picked up by the NYPD if he’d been hanging around NYC on 9/11.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the comments saying the French are doing something different than the way the US treats a comparable situation. The Boston bombers were caught without a “war.” I don’t think this should be used as an opportunity to criticize the US, or republicans, frankly.

4 Likes

Well, apparently the shooters were so clumsy–or so uncaring–that one of them left his ID card in the getaway car. I bet that helped the cops.

There are three choices:

1. Make no comment
  2. Make a comment about Muslim terrorists murdering people for doing nothing more heinous than exercising free speech (albeit in an insulting and at times tasteless manner)
  3. Criticize US foreign policy.

Some people can never bring themselves to do 1 or 2, so there’s really no other option.

2 Likes

This horrible event makes me wish the French would bring back the guillotine. And public executions.

So, you are saying that the French aren’t going to remand the suspects the the US for torture?

3 Likes

Kind of surprised they were able to get away as long as they did. In my (admittedly limited) experience there, Paris isn’t someplace where I would attempt a motorized getaway, and the routine police and security presence there is very heavy (and that was years before 9/11 and the recent crop of Islamic unrest in France).