Discussion: Rep. Tom Price Reveals Republicans Eyeing Medicare Overhaul In 2017

Trump: What is Medicare?

7 Likes

All those seniors that voted for trump. I guess the jokes on you when ur Medicare is a thing of the past

22 Likes

If you think this won’t be disastrous for millions of Americans, you need to avail yorself of the mental-health care benefits currently available to Medicare recipients and to those who had hoped to someday receive Medicare.

It’s almost half a century since Medicare came into being (or “socialized medicine,” as Ronald Reagan ranted), and the Republicans have been trying to get rid of it ever since. Looks like that could happen very soon.

23 Likes

But it’s not just seniors, it’s everybody who’d been looking forward to the great Medicare their parents or grandparents were receiving.

21 Likes

I guess they felt that the people wanted this even though none of them ran on this issue it polls extremely badly and they didn’t even win the majority of the votes. /s

12 Likes

But there’s no difference between Republicans and Democrats, right BernieBros? Morons. And another big fuck you to the other 6 million + Dems who didn’t vote. Fuck you very much, Dumbasses.

46 Likes

Last I heard, under Ryan’s plan they would be “grandfathered” in. It’s everyone else who is getting screwed.

15 Likes

Another version of “We had to burn it to the ground to save it from Communism.”

9 Likes

That’s why they don’t tell the voters that upfront cause they know the voters won’t go for that.

12 Likes

By which I mean, ME, GODDAMMIT!

5 Likes

Suicide rates are about to skyrocket … especially among the elderly and disabled groups.

6 Likes

Oh that means people like me in their 40’s and younger

2 Likes

Our one hope is their incompetence.

8 Likes

Congratulations Trump Voters. Soon ma,and grandma won’t be able to afford their healthcare. I hope you have some extra cash laying around to help them out,and may god help you if you have a disabled kid, because Trump will not.

23 Likes

Rs are using Divide and Conquer technique. They are going to tell existing medicare recipients that for them to keep medicare it needs to change for the incoming. This divides the opposition and keeps existing medicare recipients voting R for a long time. In addition, Ryan has been saying that this is due to ObamaCare.

GOP thrives on its supporters being Ignorant.

13 Likes

They have tried that before though, and even saying that they aren’t going to take it away from people on it now doesn’t stop those people or orgs like AARP from freaking out on them for it.

5 Likes

Yep they are going to lay all the blame on Obama and the media will happily go along with that explanation

9 Likes

It’s already a foregone conclusion that they’ll be using the budget reconciliation process to push these things through (i.e., end-running the filibuster rules)?

Teatroll Rosetta Stone: “We have absolutely no intention whatsoever of trying to work with the Dems at all.”

You can shut the fuck up now Obama, Biden, Clinton and Sanders and whoever else is yammering about working with them. They just told you they won’t.

18 Likes

Seems like Josh Marshall’s TPM is the ONLY news blog that has jumped on this issue: hope he stays with it to its’s conclusion.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available