Discussion: Rep. King Scolds Immigration Activists: Are You '<a href="http://theweek.com/speedreads/619224/congressman-shouts-down-immigration-activists-are-example-america-expect">The America We Can Expect?'</a> (VIDEO)

Another moron that CLEARLY doesnt understand the 1st amendment and free speech!

6 Likes

Another “representative” who thinks he is entitled to scold anyone. He needs a lesson in the hierarchy of a republican democracy: the people are at the top, and he answers to them. Wish he was not in a safe district because he so needs to go.

2 Likes

Racist Tea Party leader says what now?

3 Likes

Exactly. Free speech for me and not for thee…

5 Likes

Disrespecting elected leaders for me not thee…

1 Like

“You want to be citizens of America and conduct yourselves in a fashion when you try to shout down someone who is exercising their right to freedom of speech?”

August 3, 2009 “Tea Party Town Hall Strategy: “Rattle Them,” “Stand Up And Shout”

9 Likes

More than that, free speech can only be impeded BY the government as it pertains to the 1st amendment!

2 Likes

How dare they speak aloud to a Senator! Don’t they know who Steve King is? Why he’s a US Senator! He serves on the Constitution subcommittee and the full House judiciary committee! He gets to decide if your actions are peaceable and worthy of 1st Amendment protections. Now, back into the mud you sniveling unwashed peasants!

2 Likes

“Are you an example of the America we can expect?”

As a Native American (Mescalero), I sometimes wish someone would have ask that question a long, long time ago.

14 Likes

Yeah Stevie…THIS is what you get to ‘expect’ when morons like YOU are showing immigrants what to expect from the US born in this country. Stop the passive aggressive ‘why are you yelling’ BS you tired old creeper.

1 Like

“Why are you all yelling?” King said to the protesters.
Well, because you fear anyone emigrating to America especially if they aren’t lilly white with small calves.

3 Likes

Steve King ain’t no senator. He’s a Representative from Iowa :wink:

1 Like

What’s with the “exercising my Constitutional rights” crap? No one was denying him anything. The Constitution doesn’t say only Rep. King has a right to speak…it says everyone does. Those protestors too. And it does not say anyone has to listen while you speak or be quiet. No one is constitutionally required to give a shit about what you say.

12 Likes

I think British royalists asked the same thing back in the day.

Why is KIng attacking his fellow Americans?

1 Like

Steve King:

If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is
certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the I.R.A. for it.

1 Like

Steve King:

We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this
very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism
in the streets of Belfast and Derry.

I guess they weren’t yelling.

1 Like

If Steve King’s IQ were turned into gasoline, it wouldn’t move an ant’s motorcycle halfway around a BB.

2 Likes

Steve King: Outrageous and incendiary pronouncements are OK for me, but not for thee!

1 Like