Discussion: Reluctantly Donning A Winston Churchill Hat, Trump Backtracks On Meghan Markle

Trump does not deserve to be 100 meters near anything associated with Winnie.

OT Trump never backtracks unless he HAS to…

18 Likes

Please make it stop! Someone muzzle him!

20 Likes

Watch the full interview with [Piers] Morgan below:

Wild horses …

30 Likes

Trump’s role model Churchill also got in some mean twitter spats with potty mouthed celebrities I recall. Lucille Ball, I believe, once advised him not to slam his cigar in a door.

12 Likes

And then only for a few hours. He will blast Meghan Markle on the flight back to the US.

18 Likes

“speaking at length about how important a politician’s hair is”

Today’s profound presidential moment.

Tomorrow, discourses in the wonders of Tapioca and the new nationalism.

Friday, Is it a large fry with that or do they really mean a husky fry?

14 Likes

I think his compliment was to Hitler, not to Churchill.

7 Likes

“Hitler was unstoppable at the time – he was going through countries like cheese. He was calling Roosevelt saying: ‘You gotta get in, you gotta get in.’

There are some American for whom this, not only, makes total sense but sounds really befitting a world leader.

9 Likes

Sorry. I tried. Really I did.

1 Like

His interview responses on this trip were as quietly bizarre as any I’ve read yet. He said he didn’t go to Vietnam because it was very far away and nobody had ever heard of it and bad things happened there. On climate change he said we have a very clean climate here and the water has to be “crystal clean clear.” This after 90 minutes from Charles on the subject of what climate change means. He seems to have no idea whatsoever what it actually is. It’s like an elderly relative when he’s tired, he starts making no sense at all and living in a sort of hazy dream world.

41 Likes

Looks like someone just remembered that he has properties in the UK and comments like those might not be in the best company interests.

Between the stroke-job and lobbing of softballs, I’m surprised Piers didn’t throw his shoulder out and need a reliever.

8 Likes

As much as I love psychobabble, I’ve been very wary of making or accepting psychological analyses of Mr. Trump. However, he really does seem to be losing it. The mood swings and bizarre utterances seem to be increasing in both frequency and depth. The fact that the GOP establishment is still totally supporting this obviously twisted and sick individual is one of the biggest outrages in modern U.S. history.

19 Likes

If this is how badly the “nasty-not-nasty” controversy got to him can you imagine how unhinged he’d be during impeachment proceedings? Speaker Amash, we need you more than ever!

7 Likes

Michael Wolff was interviewed TWICE in successive days for a reason on Lawrence’s show.

I have learned to trust my feelings…and my feelings after both the Wolff interviews aligned with some others this week:

Trump is a big tottering house, held together by

• corrupt judges
  • Mitch McConnell
  • GOP fear of Trump’s base
  • Bill Barr

All of the above (including Trump) are severely vulnerable to the right push…

And then it all comes down.

I do not see this man on the ballot in Nov 2020…We simply have to stick together as a people.

20 Likes

Enough already! Make him go away!

5 Likes

Tacky. Unhinged. Self-consumed. Petulant. Dangerous.

7 Likes

First off, MM was not ‘nasty’ to YOU. She said he was sexist and divisive and she didn’t support him. He IS and she DIDN’T. In THIS country you can do and say that. Donnie is a middle schooler. He has never learned how to be graceful or diplomatic or a human being for that matter.

14 Likes

What a fucking embarrassment.

BTW, it should be mentioned that Piers Morgan was the winner of the first season of Celebrity Apprentice.

23 Likes

I’m surprised we didn’t get a Trump outburst like:
“Churchill was a loser! He took 6 years to win WW2. I could have done it in 6 months for cheaper!”

17 Likes