Discussion: Reeling From Shutdown Loss, Trump Spews Misinformation About Immigrants On Twitter

2 Likes

Reeling From Shutdown Loss, Trump Spews Misinformation About Immigrants On Twitter

If we’re being honest, he did not need the shutdown loss to spew misinformation about immigrants on twitter, or anywhere else.

69 Likes

Are there NO grounds for impeachment on the basis of unrelenting, conscious, deliberate, in-your-face Presidential mendacity ?!!!

33 Likes

As with anything that Trump cites as evidence, he just pulls it out of his ass.

38 Likes
            Reeling From Shutdown Loss

Actually …… I think he just ran out of TP ……

that …… or the coke button broke —

15 Likes

But it sure was nice of TPM to pretend that Trump sure got the information from SOMEWHERE, and their research people just couldn’t figure out where he got them.

17 Likes

Could we just call it LIES, not misinformation. It’s been going on long enough that everyone knows what comes out of his fingers/mouth are lies. It is intentional, he didn’t just make a little mistake.

46 Likes

“Hey man, someone broke the president!”

20 Likes

“Facts, schmacks.”

It is going to be VERY interesting when the trump fantasy league of crooked businessmen meets the reality of harsh, cold, facts. They’ll get it when they hear the grey bar hotel door slam behind them.

8 Likes

21 Likes

Trump proves once again that we can always trust him . . . .to lie!

7 Likes

As usual he’s the drunk guy at the end of the bar.
I’ll believe a mid evil type wall on the entire Southern border will get built when:
The border cities like El Paso agree to it.
The farmers and ranchers who reside there agree to eminent domain and having their land taken.
Parts of the Rio grande and Big bend national park are taken over.
There is the equivalent amount of concrete as the Hoover dam.
There is a funding stream from congress that does not take funds from the border patrol and existing barriers.

16 Likes

Those are, uhh, precise numbers. Anybody cross check this with hate site comment boards?

27 Likes

I’ll take him seriously when he self-arrests for aiding and abetting undocumented workers at his various properties.

And he can keep whining because I don’t think Speaker Pelosi will allow him to deliver the SOTU until the government is “permanently” open, not just temporarily.

17 Likes

In my mind, the most important effect of the shutdown was to demonstrate once and for all that the GOP never has had, and never will have the interests of working class people in their repertoire.

Donald Trump seems to me to have been their last best hope of duping the working class into continuing to vote Republican–think of all those sob stories about the “left behinds” --the ones for whom Trump said he would be their savior. In the past, they relied a great deal on racial fear and animus to get the working class behind them, but that one is fading fast given the increasingly diverse racial composition of our workforce.

So, they tried to pretend that only “they” felt the pain of those left behind by globalization and the shipment of manufacturing abroad. Only the GOP cared.

NOT.

Now everyone can see that the very thing that has motivated the 1% for decades is fear of a rising working class that demands a much fairer share of the wealth that they produce. In their clubs and at Davos, their chief concern has long been how to throw them enough crumbs to keep them in check.

Well now the entire nation and the world can see the fraud they have perpetrated, and their lunacy in supposing that Donald Trump could keep the restive masses in line.
thumb_up5reactionsreply0replies
Story: 404 Not Found

27 Likes

Well, I guess if he’s counting the cost of the government shutdown over his immigration temper tantrum…

16 Likes

Gee. I was hoping for more Tales of the Duct Taped Women myself. Those left turns <> right turns in the middle of the desert had me on the edge of my seat.

A real page turner !

29 Likes

Bad hombres doing stuff to migrant women

Jan 4: "three or four women with tape on their mouths and tied up, sitting in the back of a van or car.”

Jan. 6: “They nab women, they grab them, they put tape over their mouths.”

Jan. 10: “Usually blue tape, as they call it. It’s powerful stuff. Not good.”

Jan. 11: “Taping them up, wrapping tape around their mouths so they can’t shout or scream, tying their hands behind their back and even their legs.”

Jan 25, Rose Garden: “Women are tied up, with duct tape on their faces, put in the backs of vans,” the president said, citing human traffickers who he alleges are the perpetrators of this violence against migrants.

@mickeyg

30 Likes

Donald knows all about undocumented immigrants, since he hires so many of them.

13 Likes

It’s unclear where these numbers come from.

35 Likes