Discussion: Rebel Leader Who Allegedly Took Credit For Crash Feared For Russian Nationalism And Summary Executions

Discussion for article #225240

I still Putin should give this guy a call…

2 Likes

These sonofabitches are dead-enders! Just like our neo-Confederate ‘states rights’ fuckers in the US.

Lost causes of prior greatness are lost causes of current weakness.

13 Likes

Slavic Teabagger…

17 Likes

There’s a cattle ranch in Nevada that could use this guy. I’d stop flying to L.A. from the East Coast, however, if he moved there. For many poor misguided fools, war is the only force that gives meaning to their lives. Forget about little children playing with puppies–I need to risk my hide to be able to feel anything.

4 Likes

Streklov wrote that crimes “committed in the zone of military activity will continue to be punished ruthlessly."

Let us hope so.

7 Likes

“The picture of Strelkov’s personality painted by the press reports portrays a possibly delusional man who takes part in historical reenactments of well-known Russian military victories and believes Russian President Vladimir Putin has not gone far enough in helping the rebels annex territory in eastern Ukraine. ‘It used to be a fantasy world for people like him, but now they have a realm for their imaginations,’ a former adviser to Putin told the New Yorker this week.”

Gee, sounds familiar. I think we all know the type.

Putin/Strelkov 2016!

2 Likes

Tedigor Cruzelkov.

9 Likes

Hit multiple nails on heads.

1 Like

Igor Strelkov.
Leader of Open-Carry Ukraine

And Vladimir Putin is now a f^ckup on a par with ® leadership.

Per Josh Marshall’s TPM op-ed last night:
In a paradoxical way, I think the future ramifications of this are almost greater because it is about Russia’s recklessness and bumbling than it would be if it were more clearly a matter of intent. This is a f’-up on Putin’s part of almost mind-boggling proportions. Yes, a tragedy. Yes, perhaps an atrocity. But almost more threatening, a screw up. Malign intent is one thing. So is aggression. But goofs of this magnitude by someone who controls a massive military arsenal and nuclear weapons are in a way more threatening.

Gun control? Pfffft.
Be happy we got SAMissile-control.

jw1

4 Likes

The Russians are a barbaric red neck culture who blame all their problems on the west. They still have a chip on their shoulders about the Germans. I always thought it would be fair to give them a chance to change but hey after almost 100 years since the Bolshevik revolution I think all hope of Russia changing voluntarily is a stretch.

Russia is an oil drenched cesspool that no one wants.

2 Likes

Why anyone wants to hitch their economic wagon to this dead horse is beyond me. As I’ve said before when was the last time you jumped for a ‘Made in Russia’ product?

4 Likes

He has become a thorn in the side for Putin. I have to wonder how long it will be before the Russian equivalent of a Seal Team go in and take him out.

2 Likes

They were just standing their ground…

1 Like

“Strelkov” means like “Shooter” - made up dumb name

1 Like

Though EU seems to have an addiction to ‘Refined In Russia’.

jw1

1 Like

Proof that Gadsden fetishism has no borders

2 Likes

This guy is the equivalent of a Bundy militia tool. Great job.

Reason #613,886 it’s almost always a shitty idea to arm rebels.

3 Likes

So he’s the Russian George W. Bush. Got it.

Interesting thought. Since the Russian Fed leadership continues the long tradition of assassinations, this could happen. And they could spin it as a dastardly deed by the Ukrainian putschist right deviationist fascist government.