Discussion: Reagan's Son Turns On Trump For Saying Clinton Not 'Loyal' To Her Husband

It’s something like, off-shoring your foundation or some such billionaire talk ; )

I’m still working on upward mobilization, so what do I know.

1 Like

tru dat

2 Likes

I visualize hell as FOX News with Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly on an endless loop.

1 Like

I suspect he will write in Ronald Reagan. I imagine there will be a lot of that among Republicans this fall.*

5 Likes

It’s the straw that broke the camel’s back I guess.

It isn’t easy to admit you’re wrong… don’t hate on people when they finally wake up.

4 Likes

When even the odious Reagan son (Ron Jr. has always been pretty good) turns against you…

1 Like

Michael has been looking for a reason to get out from under the burden of supporting Trump for some time. You’d think he would have done it over Trump’s 1995 tax return or fat shaming a Latina.

I guess he’s still sensitive about his mother being cast aside and the Other Woman (Nancy) being trashed?

1 Like

The secret is to keep Trump talking or tweeting. He is a virtual lock for saying something offensive every time out.

He brought up Rosie O’Donnell unprovoked in a Presidential debate ffs.

And his plan is to get nastier this next debate. The self inflicted wounds are coming fast and furiously as the election draws near.

Keep chumming this fool, Sharks don’t bite with the same degree of certainty as The Orange Guppy does.

2 Likes

"How do you get a column and not know the difference between “infer” and “imply?” "

Alas, this confusion is all too common. One of my pet peeves.

1 Like

Yes of course I know it was Michael. I was responding to someone commenting on Ron Jr.

It’s this format of this dang forum. Can’t never tell.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll be good, I’ll be good! And I want my Advance Medical Directive to specify that if I’m in an unresponsive state, keep the damn TV turned off.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because to some men a woman being unfaithful to her husband is the biggest sin so by implying that, Trump has said something akin to the “c” word? Of all the things that Trump has said, this one didn’t surprise or even offend me.

I am sorry Michael but trump is all yours and he belongs to your party. Your party chose him. They had ample opportunity to see reason but they chose the demagogue. Mike, your party is the tin foil hat brigade from now on. They reject evidence based reality for denial and fantasy.

2 Likes

Indeed. In fact it is so common that some dictionaries have begun to blur the distinction:

infer
verb (used with object), inferred, inferring.

1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
  2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.
  3. to guess; speculate; surmise.
    4. to hint; imply; suggest.
    verb (used without object), inferred, inferring.
  4. to draw a conclusion, as by reasoning.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/infer?s=t

“Infer/imply” is similar to other pairs like “borrow/lend” and “learn/teach” where the correct choice depends on the direction of the action. If the action is towards the speaker then it is “infer”, “borrow”, and “learn” If the action is away from the speaker, then it is “imply”, “lend”, and “teach”.

2 Likes

You’re describing our YMCA.

1 Like

Ahoy matey and welcome aboard!

Now swab the poop deck!

2 Likes

Daddy fleeced America and Mikey’s worried about appearances. I’d like to hear Ron’s take but he’s probably too diplomatic to suggest his half bro’s priorities are wack.

1 Like

I infer that the facts imply that you are are a diction Nazi. Do I have that right?

That’s what copy editors are for!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available