Discussion: Readers See Critique Of Trump In New York Times Book Review Of ‘Hitler’

1 Like

I’m sorry, I simply don’t see the resemblance.
http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Trump-rally-030516-800x430.jpg

35 Likes

Sometimes I feel her reviews are cold, distant and impersonal. This one burns, is direct and in-your-face. Thank you!

10 Likes

Poised, as we are on the brink of major changes, the wrong choice now could be tragic for the entire human race.

16 Likes

Yeah but could Adolf do two fat lines and still show up for a debate?
We’re talking grade-A midtown Manhattan coke, not that uptown crap.

11 Likes

Not to mention Trump’s book - Mein, Mein, all Mein.

Or his other book - Mein Kampf 2. The harrowing story where he only started out with a “small” 14 million dollar loan from his father.

30 Likes

Warning, warning! Danger Will Robinson.

5 Likes

Laura Ingraham: You bet:

21 Likes

I never really thought about it, but ya know…maybe there IS something there…

6 Likes

Trump: So I am in good company. I wonder about his hand size though.

4 Likes

First he came for Pepe, and I said nothing, because I didn’t post memes. Then he took away Godwin, and I said nothing, because I didn’t call people Nazis, then he came for me and this paraphrase falls apart because it doesn’t make any sense.

But yeah, serious topic and people shouldn’t get complacent just because the loon threw one debate.

15 Likes

I guess I should have my broker load up on Bayer stock.

6 Likes

HO’s first response is going to be to sue the NYT but the fact that his name is never once mentioned in this “book review” will make that impossible.

Countdown to “NYT is a LOSER and Michiko Kakutani is a [fill in misogynist slam du jour]” tweet in 3…2…1

6 Likes

Paul Ryan: GOP will gladly vote for Hilter if we get Supreme Court.
Steve King: I will vote for Hitler if he was Democrat.

3 Likes

Just look at her face, beaming with pride as she executes that rather unambiguous gesture.

9 Likes

“Germany’s growing resentment of the elites and belief that a strong leader could shake things up.”

Embodied by their fashionable caps sporting the ever-popular, “Machen Deutschland Groß Wieder!”

10 Likes

Kirk Douglas wrote a poignant piece a couple of weeks ago. It had a similar take.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-road-ahead_us_57e03be4e4b08cb1409749f2?

4 Likes

Never stopped him from doing something ‘trump like’ before

7 Likes

Here’s where we’re very very lucky kids - when Hitler started his rise, he wasn’t 70.

Trump is too old to lead a 4th Reich.

So we need to keep sharp eyes on Uday and Qusay.

14 Likes

As much as i love the latest ‘x is Hitler’ story, folks need to realize that a) Trump also has some Andy Jackson like tendencies and b) the Weimar republic was a ----‘carwreck’.

4 Likes