Discussion: READ: Pelosi's Latest Mueller Talking Points for House Dems

RNP

aka The Relentless Nancy Pelosi

Well played, Madam Speaker

30 Likes

Major pushback needed, if it isn’t already too late. I feel like I’m living in 2002-03 again, with the media getting bigly played these last 24 hours…

15 Likes

This is good stuff. We Dems have lost many of these kinds of turf wars: 2000 & FL, the Iraq War debate, Kavanaugh, Cheney/Scooter Libby/Fitzmas. This one is winnable because Trump holds a weak hand and shield. Get that report and he’s done.

34 Likes

Yes Nancy, way to spell it out.

9 Likes

Stacy Abrams of Ga described Barr statement brilliantly: “like having your brother summarize your report card to your parents.”

35 Likes

I’ve linked this a few times but relevant here…

12 Likes

Thank god for the 2018 blue wave. May another one rise up again in 2020.

And thank god for Speaker Pelosi and Chairs Schiff, Cummings, Nadler, Waters, et al.

28 Likes

Damn that woman is good.

ETA: this is what female leadership looks like.

20 Likes

Thank you, Madame Speaker!

Thank you!

14 Likes

Too late.

The meme is now set in STONE by the feckless and corrupt MSM who could not WAIT to exonerate their Carney-Barker-in-Chief. The worst of the bunch is the NYT who have meekly rolled over and begged the White House to scratch their belly in complete surrender of reality. At least now we know how they will cover the 2020 elections…

“A lie can travel around the world while the Truth is still putting on it’s boots.” (incorrectly attributed to Mark Twain.)

2 Likes

This is what Orange Blab said just the other day:

“I don’t mind,” Trump told reporters when asked if the public should see the report. “Let it come out, and let people see it… I mean, frankly, I told the House, If you want, let them see it.”

But of course he’ll sing another tune this week if he has not already because he seems incapable of truthfulness.

Yeah, we may eventually see the report, but what we’ll see is black redactions.

4 Likes

Clearly she did not have the brother some of us did!

14 Likes

I have been saying things like “doomsdaying and glooming” the last few days. The reason I had been doing that had a lot to do with my being a historian dealing with large groups. Panic is contagious and enervating. Large scale gloom is fatal.

Moreover, I was afraid that the despair I have been seeing was reflective of public sentiment. We have to get this Mob Boss out of the White House…and Nancy’s leadership is greatly needed.

ETA But, speaking as a person…in terms of resolve and determination, my optimism is outdone by my wife’s.

15 Likes

Thanks for this link!

3 Likes

Trump is a goldmine of ratings, pageviews, etc. The “Failing NYT’s” is not going to let that gravy train go silently. Nor is cable news, even the beloved MSNBC. How many outlets fear going out of business if a scandal-free Democrat wins in 2020?

4 Likes

They just look (more) stupid when the truth comes out.

5 Likes

Fan of Canetti?

Or, if you have even larger groups in mind, then I insist on questioning the value of your analysis!

1 Like

Well she needs to lead her committee heads to the subpoena pen. Currently they all seem a little afraid to do anything more than send some stern letters. Cohen was really some low hanging fruit, though my inbox was flooded with fundraising emails.

3 Likes

Lindsey Graham has already gone on the record advocating release of the report:

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) praised Barr after the Senate vote and said he was confident the attorney general nominee would allow Mueller to finish his investigation without political interference. Graham predicted that when it came to Mueller’s final report, Barr would "err on the side of transparency."

“When it comes to Bill Barr, I can only tell my Democratic colleagues there is nobody better that I know to recommend to you,” he said. "This is as good as it gets on our side.

3 Likes

Here’s another good talking point (emphasis added):

… the William Barr memo everyone is reading to clear Trump and his flunkies of a conspiracy with Russia actually only clears the Trump campaign and those associated with it of conspiring or coordinating with the Russian government in its efforts to hack into computers and disseminate emails for purposes of influencing the election. The exoneration doesn’t even extend to coordinating with WikiLeaks, as Roger Stone is alleged to have done (though that, by itself, is not a crime).

More significantly, it is silent about whether Trump and his flunkies conspired with Russia in a quid pro quo trading election assistance and a real estate deal for policy considerations, the very same kind of election year shenanigans Barr has covered up once before with Iran-Contra.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available