Discussion: READ: Pelosi's Latest Mueller Talking Points for House Dems

Here’s another good talking point (emphasis added):

… the William Barr memo everyone is reading to clear Trump and his flunkies of a conspiracy with Russia actually only clears the Trump campaign and those associated with it of conspiring or coordinating with the Russian government in its efforts to hack into computers and disseminate emails for purposes of influencing the election. The exoneration doesn’t even extend to coordinating with WikiLeaks, as Roger Stone is alleged to have done (though that, by itself, is not a crime).

More significantly, it is silent about whether Trump and his flunkies conspired with Russia in a quid pro quo trading election assistance and a real estate deal for policy considerations, the very same kind of election year shenanigans Barr has covered up once before with Iran-Contra.

14 Likes

What I’d like to read is a legal analysis of the compellability by Congress of the Mueller report. No way will Barr cave to Democratic uproar (which is most welcome and necessary in any case) and will not disclose any portion of the report that throws shade on his letter to Congress. Unless there’s a leak, this is going to the Supreme Court. What then?

That was then!

6 Likes

I saw today a story saying that Graham was instrumental in McCain’s handing over the Steele Dossier to the authorities.

4 Likes

More sternly written letters. More asking and pleading.

Pelosi still doesn’t know how to write a damn subpoena.

The House Democrats still have not asked for Trump’s tax returns.

Meanwhile, Pelosi and her DCCC threaten to cut funding to any firm that offers services to Democratic Primary opponents. She is scared of any more AOCs.

4 Likes

Your chances of satisfaction are, at best, 50-50.

(I’m pretty sure I’m not telling you anything you have not already guessed.)

1 Like

People shouldn’t be afraid just because the mainstream media got played. They’re lightweights with the attention span of gnats and the only real influence they have is over themselves. This was just a speed bump, while the Trumpers think they’re at the finish line because they honestly thought Mueller was their only problem.

The Trumpers screwed up the expectations game by overplaying their hand. Now anything negative that comes from the report will stain them even more as the media acts shocked they were somehow played yet again.

10 Likes

The media play themselves, for profit. That has not changed since 2002-03.

7 Likes

Hell, these are people still in denial about their botched 2016 reporting. They will crawl across broken glass before admitting fault because doing so would be too humiliating for them to handle

4 Likes

If you were to specify 1980, I might agree.

(And even then, only if we’re limiting the discussion to modern times, of course.)

2 Likes

The truth is likely out.

Mueller and Barr have been friends and colleagues for decades.

Does it make any sense at all that Barr would misrepresent Muelller’s report without regard to that relationship? Or that Mueller would stay quiet while Barr lies about the results of Mueller’s 20-month investigation?

If the fix is in for Trump, then Mueller has to be in it, too. Or else there really was no collusion.

Your choice.

Good talking points, but if we can’t even get Trumps fucking tax statements, then we’re not getting the IC report until after the Glorious Leader is out of office.

2 Likes

Verbose, conjunctive, latinate.

Isn’t a point supposed to be, like, pointed? I’m missing something here.

1 Like

Someone must have tipped her on Barr’s conclusion. She’s laid out a good response.

2 Likes

The longer the Mueller report is not released, the more Trump’s PR victory yesterday dissipates and reverses. When the Mueller report IS finally released, Trump’s chance at re-election falls to zero because it will be clear BY THE EVIDENCE that most people would have convicted Trump and his minions for conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt, and even more by a less stringent level of proof like preponderance of the evidence, which is how most people think on political decisions.

Trump and Barr know this and are trying to spike the public “jury pool” for political decisions. All along, I thought Mueller should allow a grand jury to indict and let a jury sort it out as a legal matter so the rest of us could see the evidence and sort it out politically. As it stands, this is just more of a criminal cover up and a political whitewash. I don’t think they get away with it.

11 Likes

First, great as always that Pelosi is stating what should happen to get the report.
Second, I am so ticked off at Barr. To hear he knew what Mueller concluded 3 weeks ago you know he told King Dumb Dumb. Then to say they were releasing a summary of Mueller’s report to have it be Barr’s opinion is outrageous. Who in their right mind would trust what he says to come to a rightful conclusion?
Just because Mueller concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to bring charges on tRump doesn’t mean Mueller did a bad job. We can’t say at this point. Remember all the people he had indictments, trials and jail for. He didn’t suddenly turn to saving tRump.
Barr is the problem and he needs to release the report.

9 Likes

Go Nancy go!

To me this is feeling a lot like the midterms. At first a lot of people were disappointed with the results and then as days and weeks passed, the results got better and better for us.

Barr’s stupid letter was just the opening salvo in what is now a real fight between the White House and the House of Representatives. We need to have the House’s back.

21 Likes

Endorsed. Madame Speaker is on the case and Barr’s lies, omissions, and misinformation will not keep Mueller’s full report from becoming available.

Meantime, there are bad actors, trolls, bots, and agents provocateurs within the Hive. Do not provide them clicks, responses, or sustenance.

Aluta continua–the struggle continues.

16 Likes

Barr…That Fat fuck honestly thinks he can go against releasing this kind of Report.

Basically, releasing to the public this kind of Report dealing with the machinations and abuses of the greatest criminal the United States Presidency has ever had is a necessary affirmation of the Rule of Law in this country.

6 Likes

The word “coverup” should be in these talking points.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available