Discussion: Read Gaetz’s Apology Text To Cohen: 'I Chose My Words Poorly'

That guy has been apologizing for 5 days now ?

17 Likes

Another bullshit I’m sorry if you were offended non-apology. I believe this asshole is worried, as he well should be.

29 Likes

I was upset at what was transpiring and chose my words poorly.

I think you said exactly what you intended, trying to cause more harm to Cohen’s family.
Cohen had the quite gracious reply.

31 Likes

I do not wish any harm to you or your family. I was upset at what was transpiring and chose my words poorly.

Yeah, okay.

9 Likes

Ironic how the possibility of prosecution for a felony can bring out Gaetz’s until-now hidden gracious side.

38 Likes

Super weak-tea apology. Transparent.

Cohen’s response is generous.

The caution that Michael Cohen gave at the end of the hearing - that what he became willing to do on behalf of Trump, and the dire consequences that have resulted - is a warning that comes too late for Gaetz.

13 Likes

You know, DAMN, I am sorry I robbed that bank. I hope the police, prosecutors, judge and jury will take that into consideration. I already spent the money but I am sorry about that too. I am also sorry if you are offended by people who rob banks.

I hope this POS spends some time in jail. It will be the first time he had to suffer the consequences of his actions.

12 Likes

He wants to make sure that

Mueller heard it
SDNY heard it
McCabe heard it
Pelosi heard it
Cummings heard it
Schiff heard it
Swalwell heard it

7 Likes

‘I Chose My Words Poorly’

Where by “words” he means “life direction.”

17 Likes

LEO can do that.

1 Like

Has he?

It may come as a surprise to him how few people care.

5 Likes

What a bunch of BS. Has Gaetz ever met Cohen? Gaetz wasn’t on the committee which would have made it worse, but still… And how would Gaetz know if Cohen had “girlfriends” or not? I guess if one has a law degree and this is the level of maturity that one shows the only place for them to be is in the Congress as a Republican.

5 Likes

Pro tip to Matt: That is you and that is how you operated.

You implied that you had knowledge that Cohen had mistresses you were about to reveal. On what planet would revealing that not be harmful to his family? So there is no way you can reasonably claim you didn’t intend to hurt them.

26 Likes

Disbarment and house censure are appropriate, of course felony witness tampering couls and should also be added to the mix.

9 Likes

Oh? What is the proper vocabulary for witness tampering, may I ask?

11 Likes

Something more subtle, more nuanced. Like Frank Pentangeli’s brother showing up at the hearing. No need for words.

4 Likes

Texting an apology lacks thoughtfulness and sincerity.

A handwritten apology is what’s called for, Matt. Or have you misplaced your crayons?

7 Likes

Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.

― Samuel Johnson, The Life of Samuel Johnson LL.D. Vol 3

9 Likes
16 Likes